platform sdk and browser on UE40J5200AW

aurelsandu
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

aurelsandu
Hello all of you,

I have a UE40J5200AW tv set (2015) and I would like to know what is the sdk version I should use.

I understand my tv set is made on Tizen OS  or Platform Orsay

From the same page I am not sure if I should use TV extension 2.4.0 or TV SDK 5.1 .

I would like to know a litle more about browser ... my tv says that "bin" is the name

Can you help me to find out more abot these (os , sdk and browser)?

Thanks a lot,

Aurel

Welcome!  I expect this is Orsay based, so you will need to load the legacy app.  This should get you going  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-2011-2013-third-party-app-install-instructions/&do=findComment&comment=277344

You won't need to worry about the SDK, just follow the guide in the link and let us know if you have issues.

• Like 1

aurelsandu

Thank for your quick responses . I would like to know the sdk version because I like to know if this tv set has implemented webrtc ... is too much for asking this?

Thanks,

Aurel

Thank for your quick responses . I would like to know the sdk version because I like to know if this tv set has implemented webrtc ... is too much for asking this?

Thanks,

Aurel

Have you tried Google or the Samsung website/forums?

• Like 1

aurelsandu

SDK 5.1 should be the right version, but I've never seen anything about webrtc

Please tell me about samsung solution for making videoconference ... google implemented in chrome webrtc

aurelsandu

Have you tried Google or the Samsung website/forums?

google .... but I am interested the way samsung is doing for enabling video calling ....

google .... but I am interested the way samsung is doing for enabling video calling ....

I think this question is beyond the scope of this forum which is about the Emby app on Samsung platforms. 

FrostByte

Please point me to a mailing list that can help me

Aurel

In the link I posted above you can click on "Community" at the top and then you should see several links to the different Samsung hardware forums for developers including one for SmartTVs.  I would create an account there and ask any questions.  You will probably find more people who can help there