Can't correct wrong Auto Organize data

mobamoba

mobamoba

Auto Organize somehow got it in its "head" :) to autoorganize a show to a completely different drive than the one I normally use. I checked Smart Match and it's not in there, so it must be incorrect information in whatever database Auto Organize uses. How do I access this database to delete or change the incorrect entry? Thanks.

mobamoba

Well it's not a bug per se so a log wouldn't be relevant, but here's what I mean. Pretend last year I told Auto Organize to put the show THIS IS US into D:/This Is Us. In the intervening year I've reorganized my hard drives and I now want Auto Organize to put THIS IS US on L:/Series/This Is Us. I can't find the mechanism to update Auto Organize with this new drive and directory information so it keeps putting it in the old place when I want it in the new place. Thanks.

Edited by mobamoba

Ok, this isn't really so much auto-organize's problem as it is the core server's cleanup of these dead items. you can always muck around in library.db. We'll eventually improve this in a future update. thanks.

• 2 months later...
mobamoba

Ok, this isn't really so much auto-organize's problem as it is the core server's cleanup of these dead items. you can always muck around in library.db. We'll eventually improve this in a future update. thanks.

Do you know where in library.db this info is stored in order to help limit my search? I can't seem to find the table that stores the incorrect auto-organize data. Thanks.

mobamoba

Thanks. I can see the individual items in the database, but I can't seem to find the auto-organize information, the part that says "if a show named X arrives in the watch folder, rename and move it to Y-location". That's the part where I'm having a problem because auto-organize keeps moving a show to the wrong drive. It's not a "Smart Matches" show unfortunately because if it were, I could simply delete it. So do you know where in the database Emby stores the non-Smart-Match auto-organize information? Thanks.

mobamoba

Right, but Auto-Organize keeps an eye on a watch folder. When an item arrives in that folder that it's able to identify, it sends the file to a particular directory. Where does Auto-Organize store that information because that information is incorrect for some of my shows. For example, let's say I put "This Is Us - S01E01" into the watch folder. Auto-Organize identifies the show and makes a decision about where to move the file. Where in the Emby backend is that information stored? Because - to use the This is Us example - in my case Auto-Organize should move This is Us (and all shows) to my R: drive; instead it's moving most shows to my R: drive and a few random shows to M:, which it shouldn't be doing. So somewhere in the Emby backend, Auto-Organize is looking up "This Is Us" and deciding to move it to the M: drive rather than the R: drive. This is what I'm trying to find, the lookup table within Emby that Auto-Organize uses to move files out of the watch folder and into their final destination folders because, as mentioned, Auto-Organize is doing this incorrectly for some shows and I want to correct that.

Thanks.

mobamoba

Ah. So you mean I would somehow have to edit the actual DLL file in order to remove the incorrect data? Or could I replace the DLL file with a fresh auto-organize dll file that would then "know" nothing and would thus be able to start from scratch? What would you say is the best way to clean out that bad data because I can't seem to find a way to do it from with the Emby Dashboard itself. Thanks.

The plugin is a community contribution. It's source code can be found here:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize

I know that it has it's own database so you can review that. As this is a community addition, I don't have all of the answers to all of your questions, I just know the work in the server core that needs to be done to resolve the root issue. Thanks.