Hide / mark as don't want to watch

mythofechelon

mythofechelon

I have a lot of films and TV shows that I don't watch (yet?) and, therefore, don't want to see on my home screen but others do watch and, therefore, do want to see on their home screen.

The only way I can work around this is to mark all content as watched which (1) isn't accurate, (2) is misleading if I eventually decide to watch / continue watching a TV series, and (3) doesn't apply to future content (new episodes of an existing series).

An option to hide content from the home screen or mark as "Don't Want to Watch" would be useful.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Deathsquirrel

One thing you can do is use separate libraries and give users access to only the stuff they want to see.  I have a shared library for stuff everyone likes and then individual libraries for stuff only specific users want to see.  Just don't grant users access to libraries of stuff they won't watch.

• Sad 1

• 5 years later...

Back-link to my feature request that was closed as duplicate to this.

I am not sure quite how much it overlaps this thread as this topic is essentially solved by user profiles where as the closed request is a definitive self contained new feature but happy to discuss anywhere, the thread it lives in doesn't matter much.

• 4 months later...
homeskool2

Mine was also closed as a duplicate

kind of annoying that you would close a new feature request for one that died 5 years ago, clearly theres been a demand for this feature for a while, and it feels like its being swept under a rug

17 hours ago, homeskool2 said:

for one that died 5 years ago

Hi.  No FRs "die".  They remain open for comment and consideration.

17 hours ago, homeskool2 said:

clearly theres been a demand for this feature for a while

Wouldn't your previous statement contradict that?  If it "died" then that means no one else has really chimed in as wanting this for a while, right?

The bottom line is, we need to keep requests for the same (or functionally equivalent) features in one topic.  That is the only way that we can properly track user interest.  By replying here, you did the same thing as posting the new request - except kept the discussion in one place where we're sure to see it.

Thanks.