Documentary Database some thought

Airbender

Airbender

Hello

Just a thought on Documentary Database, as of now their is no active Database for all Documentaries either as tv shows or movies or single mini series

The TV DB has some entries, IMDB has some entries and Wiki has some entries as we all know this is all based on volunteer work and community support .

I have few thought want to share with others and please feel free to express your thoughts also :)

Thought number 1:

MB3 Sync plugin for The TV DB

So MB3 has an option for user to edit data manually and write descriptions summary or add screenshots , this option works great for home videos and family family video but it can be used for any categorizes at this moment. So the thought is if their is a way to have thetvdb.org sync plugin install in MB3 server so a user have a big buttion called "Send" or " upload " next to edit the data page in mb3 config page

so the user can upload the data to thetvdb.org. off-coursee the user will have to signup for an account for thetvdb.org first. this will be an ideal situation as user will update his personal data and then choice to send his work to the database site so other users can benefits from it. but i do relazie this can be a bit work on MB3 dev team to develop and create such option.

Thought number 2:

Every time any user in MB3 has a documentary or some kind of file that does not have info in thetvdb.org then he login and create info for it as it is all free and open to anyone and like this MB3 Metadata screipt will fetch data so basiaclly we will get the thought number 1 done withought a devlopement of any plugin but we all be more active in thetvdb.org for greater good. The problem is only 2% of MB3 users will do that and rest will think someone else will do it so why should they put time and effort 

So anyway just wanted to run this by everyone and see what other people think or if their is any other ways to simplify this

Airbender

Hello perhaps this site might be useful 

DocumentaryGuide.com

Not sure if they have public API or allow fetching data from it but worth a shot

Thanks

Koleckai Silvestri

I don't see a way to submit data to thetvdb.com via API.

Interesting idea but these sites will probably what people to use the already provided interfaces.

Airbender

Hi i might just do it in old fashion way i use to go to thetvdb.org and make a new page for documentary and add screenshots and so on and then wait for MB3 or MCM to fetch data usually worked 70% of the times

I just hope others to join me on this so we all have proper data with our collections

Thanks

Airbender