What is M-Car Online for the HDHomeRun PRIME HDTV Cable (3-Tuner)? Is it necessary to buy it?

jodeer
Go to solution Solved by mastrmind11,

• Solution
mastrmind11

That's a cable card supplied by your cable provider.   Yes, you need it, it's what makes it work.  If you don't require cable, then get the OTA HDHR tuner.

• Like 1

Hi, good morning, one question. M-Car Online for HDHomeRun, my cable TV, NO DIREC TV, NO MOVISTAR, NOT CLARO, it is a supplier without decoder, they send it directly and when we share it at my address we simply add a Spliter and share it for the other TVs of my address, you think that to place my cable TV service to the HDHomeRun is necessarily Obtain the M-Car Online? I ask this question because I am from Peru and the HDHomeRun is not for sale here in my country, and I plan to import it from the US but I do not want to buy it and then I will not berry serve for not having the M-Car Online

Hi, good morning, one question. M-Car Online for HDHomeRun, my cable TV, NO DIREC TV, NO MOVISTAR, NOT CLARO, it is a supplier without decoder, they send it directly and when we share it at my address we simply add a Spliter and share it for the other TVs of my address, you think that to place my cable TV service to the HDHomeRun is necessarily Obtain the M-Car Online? I ask this question because I am from Peru and the HDHomeRun is not for sale here in my country, and I plan to import it from the US but I do not want to buy it and then I will not berry serve for not having the M-Car Online

mastrmind11

Are you saying that your cable tv provider sends an unencrypted signal?  If that's the case, then I would imagine the HDHR would work w/o the need for a cable card.