Up to How many simultaneous devices or users can receive from Live TV using SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME HDTV Cable (3-Tuner)

jodeer

Up to How many simultaneous devices or users can receive from Live TV using SiliconDust HDHomeRun PRIME HDTV Cable (3-Tuner)

59b3c85090bda_714Ci67J46L_SX355_.jpg59b3c85fc0cfa_714ywOrxmFL_SL1500_.jpg

BAlGaInTl

So long as your hardware supports it otherwise, the answer would be 3.

Each user could use a different tuner. 

Of course that would be affected by any scheduled recordings as well.

I currently have 2 Legacy HDHR3 (2 tuners each), so my setup supports 4 simultaneous users/devices/recordings.  If you added a second PRIME, you would get 6 users/devices/recordings.  Of course that would require a second Cablecard as well.

If tuned to the same station there's more than the number of tuners that can stream it. That said, I've got two primes and never get close to this situation.

Spaceboy

If tuned to the same station there's more than the number of tuners that can stream it. That said, I've got two primes and never get close to this situation.

i don't believe Emby supports multiple streams from the same tuner. In the U.K. On satellite you can also stream multiple streams from the same channel group so there really is no limit. Just also no support in Emby

i don't believe Emby supports multiple streams from the same tuner. In the U.K. On satellite you can also stream multiple streams from the same channel group so there really is no limit. Just also no support in Emby

Emby does support stream sharing when you are watching the same channel.

• Like 2

BAlGaInTl

Emby does support stream sharing when you are watching the same channel.

I'll be darned.

I did not know that.  That's a great feature.

• Like 1

blade005

I'll be darned.

I did not know that.  That's a great feature.

Support for stream sharing is a very nice feature of Emby Live TV that I have enjoyed for awhile now.

A nice use of it is with back-to-back recordings of the same channel with PRE and POST padding. It will only tie up one (1) tuner as it transitions from the first recording to the second, but still record the POST time for the first recording and the PRE time for the second recording. Something that WMC did not support. It would often result in the end of some episodes and beginning of others to miss a short segment.

• Like 1

Support for stream sharing is a very nice feature of Emby Live TV that I have enjoyed for awhile now.

A nice use of it is with back-to-back recordings of the same channel with PRE and POST padding. It will only tie up one (1) tuner as it transitions from the first recording to the second, but still record the POST time for the first recording and the PRE time for the second recording. Something that WMC did not support. It would often result in the end of some episodes and beginning of others to miss a short segment.

Should I schedule Emby to do my recordings instead of WMC? I haven't seen this problem AFAIK, though. Currently I use ServerWMC and Schedules Direct in Emby. I'm not sure which one is controlling in Emby though. @@ebr do you know? TIA.

blade005

Should I schedule Emby to do my recordings instead of WMC? I haven't seen this problem AFAIK, though. Currently I use ServerWMC and Schedules Direct in Emby. I'm not sure which one is controlling in Emby though. @@ebr do you know? TIA.

To be more clear about my use case. WMC with my previous PC card tuner hardware would not stream share a single channel and WMC would not use a 2nd tuner, even if available, to start the second of back-to-back recordings on the same channel. It would end the 1st recording without POST padding and then start the 2nd recording without it having its PRE padding time. There were instances where the end of recording 1 and the beginning of recording 2 would be missing a few seconds that might impact the end of a story-line or the beginning of one.

Emby Live TV with HDHomerun tuners and stream sharing removes this. Not sure how it is managed if you are using WMC plugin with HDHomerun devices in Emby. Perhaps that gets you stream sharing and the overlapping of back-to-back recordings while only using one (1) tuner.

To be more clear about my use case. WMC with my previous PC card tuner hardware would not stream share a single channel and WMC would not use a 2nd tuner, even if available, to start the second of back-to-back recordings on the same channel. It would end the 1st recording without POST padding and then start the 2nd recording without it having its PRE padding time. There were instances where the end of recording 1 and the beginning of recording 2 would be missing a few seconds that might impact the end of a story-line or the beginning of one.

Irrelevant somewhat but this was not true. There was a specific post and pre recording setting that would force selecting a new tuner. I believe you had to choose exactly 10 minutes, all other options would use the same tuner. I'm probably going to have to find this again as I think Im going back to WMC. :(

Edit: Found a link http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4057

Edited by Bert