Music does not resume playback after been paused

murrshot

murrshot

I'm having an issue with being unable to resume playing music. I pause what i'm playing, phone screen goes to sleep, then after about 5 minutes if i dont touch my phone and try to resume playing the song by reopening the emby app it refreshes itself. If i look in the taskbar I see the emby app opened and its like the song is still playing or there is a timer of some sort. Also if i click on the app from the taskbar it does nothing. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.....coming from plex by the way and it sucked playing music.

I grabbed a screenshot and a log from my phone. Thanks for any assistance and/or suggestions.

I'm have a HTC U11 running Android 7.1.1

efbe92af-3176-40ed-b50d-850980132e85.log

post-239651-0-30471500-1504909819_thumb.jpg

Edited by murrshot

Just an update from what I'm experiencing. I notice if i leave the emby app in the foreground I can resume playback without issue. But if the app is in the background, it's like it disconnects and the app reloads to the main screen and i'm unable to resume music playback where i left off. I also notice if i'm on wifi and using the app but disconnect to my 4g connection, the emby app stops responding. The only way to see or play any content while on the 4g connection is to restart the emby app. But if i'm on 4g but connect to my home wifi there is no issue. Hope that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
murrshot

I have updated to the latest versions but so far the issue still exists. I have noticed though if i leave the android app in the foreground it will continue playback with no problem. I left it in the foreground for about 3 hours on one test making sure i didn't accidentally switch to another app and it continued right where i left off playing music. But when in the background it still has the problem.

• 3 months later...