Old media residues shown by statistics plug-in

Davide

The plugin Emby Statistics shows some old media that I don't have in my library or in my HDD, clicking on them is even visible their page on Emby, from which, obviously, I can not reproduce them and eliminate them.

I've already tried to stop Emby, delete all cache files, and start it again. It did not work.

Solutions?

I have six episodes (the files of these episodes no longer exist) that are identified as movie, three of them without image:

59b2fbe952488_1.png

by clicking on the first one, for example, coming to the Emby page of the file, from which I can not play or delete the file (does not exist):

59b2fc818f8b6_2.png

Happy2Play

How old is your Emby installation?

If it is a old installation then best guess is fragmented data in the database that didn't or couldn't be removed.  If that is the case then a db rebuild may be your only option.

If you have to rebuild the db, remember your watched status is in that db so you need to ensure you look at the backup options.

Happy2Play

Each episode has its own page on Emby, like:

http://localhost:8096/web/itemdetails.html?id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

but yes, i can only reach it from the plugin.

If there is a itemdetail page Emby is reading the data from somewhere.  There is path shown just like your second screenshot right.

If there is a itemdetail page Emby is reading the data from somewhere.  There is path shown just like your second screenshot right.

Yes, but that path does not exist, there are no longer those files.

I noticed one thing, all six episodes that the plugin shows as if they were movies, despite these files no longer exist in my server, under the heading "content type" show "ereditare":

59b832c254436_Cattura.png

I hope this information will help to solve the problem.

I don't know what it means to "ereditare" for Emby, nor why only those six episodes have it... but it is one thing they have in common, I thought it was a useful information to solve the problem.

Happy2Play

Is there a way to manually cleanup the database or do i need an Emby update to fix it?

Well the old fashion way just delete the db and allow it to rebuild.

Note you will want to ensure you use the Server Configuration Backup plugin to preserve Users and User data.  After a rebuild only restore Users and User data.

What is the process to delete the db and rebuild it?

I can not use the backup plugin, exactly what data would I lose? Should I just recreate the various users and libraries?

Happy2Play

What is the process to delete the db and rebuild it?

I can not use the backup plugin, exactly what data would I lose? Should I just recreate the various users and libraries?

Shut down the server delete or rename the library.db and restart server.

All userdata is stored in that database also "User Playstate, Favorites, Resume, etc.".  You could use a database tool and export "unserdata" table from old db and import into new db thought