Auto-Organize with date in filename

heula

With metabrowser I can also sort my files with a date in the name instead of only season and episode number. Can Auto-Organize do this to some day.

For example:

filename -26-02-2014.mp4

Filename -26-2-2014.wtv

Filename .26.2.2014.mkv

Or any variation to this.

Thanks

• 11 months later...

Bump.

Any chance this can be done by media browser. Metabrowser 2 can already do this for some time now.

Also can .srt subtitle files be organized as well for us non US members?

And is it possible to ad multiple locations to organize from. Now only one directory can be added.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
heula

Any chance these requests will be in mbs some day?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
heula

No reply to this at all. Still working with metabrowser for automatic organizing .srt subtitle files and files with dates in the name like my examples above. 

Metabrowser 2.0 can do this and Emby not. When will Emby support this to?

Thanks.

• 8 months later...
heula

Because nobody else post things here I give this another try.

Still waiting for this to be implanted in Emby.

There is an option in auto organize to sort recorded tv.

Auto%20organize%20sort%20recorded%20tv.j

How does this this work? My recorded tv files look like this when recorded with DVBLink and my HDHomerun tuners.

Goede_tijden_slechte_tijden-1430_20160106-68-11290000-1452087000.ts

I know for sure this type of naming will not be sorted by emby if the info is availble on TVDB. So I have a batch running every 5 minutes that does rename my finisht recordings so they will look like this.

Goede tijden slechte tijden .2016.01.06.ts - This equals Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden - 26x92 - Aflevering 5277 

This type of naming will also not be sorted by emby but it will be sorted by metabrowser 2. This works off course but I want all those things to work with just one program.  Another reason why I want Emby to sort this type of naming is that it will directly be visable to play in Emby classic and Kodi. When sorted by metabrowser it will only be visable to play after a media library scan by the Emby server.

So please let Emby sort files with dates in the name as well.

And now I'm asking this again, let Emby sort subtitle (.srt) files as well. Also possible with metabrowser but again I want just one progream for doing this all.

Or if somebody can make me a batch file that does rename my files with dates bases on TVDB info to names that Emby can handle that will be helpfull to.

Like this: Goede tijden slechte tijden .2016.01.06.ts to Goede tijden slechte tijden 26x92.ts

Thanks in advance.

Edited by heula

heula

Well, maybe you can tell what I'm doing wrong because it is not working for me when I let Emby organise files with dates. Tried several options like here is written but with all the same result.

Metabrowser did pick it up before I disabled it to test with Emby.

And this is with all files with dates. Not only the one I use here as an example.

By date

Common for long-running daily shows, you can also use the date the episode aired.

• anything_1996.11.14.ext
  • anything_1996-11-14.ext
  • anything_14.11.1996.ext

Emby%20Organizing%20date%20not%20working

Server log

heula

Should this be working or not?

Please fix or help me understand why this is not working for me.

Thanks.

I have found myself a batch file that converts the filename with a date to a filename that Emby can organize but still Emby can't organize the tv show Goede tijden slechte tijden and maybe more but this one I know for sure now.

Can you please check why this is?

edit: more shows are not organizing. Flikken Rotterdam also not working. See last two images.

Server%20not%20organizing%20goede%20tijd

Server log

Edited by heula

Thanks for the info. I think although we support internet metadata for episodes, there is still some work to do with it for auto-organize.

• Like 1

After the last server update to Version 3.0.5861.24855 it seems to be working now.

Thanks for that!

Should this also be working when there are two episodes on the same day with the same name but different file creation times?

There is this Dutch TV Serie named Celblok H and it has two episodes in a row every week. 

These episodes are after recording named like this "Celblok H .2016.01.17.ts"

The first recorded show was moved correctly to the right folder and renamed to "Celblok H - 03x01 - Aflevering 1.ts"

The second recorded episode did get the same name but wasn't moved and renamed to "Celblok H - 03x02 - Aflevering 2.ts"

Any chance this can be working to? Can Emby be that smart that it sees, there already is a file with the first episode of that date and it automaticly sees the next episode from the same date?

Thanks again.

Edited by heula

Still a small issue here.

"Match of the Day .23.01.2016.mp4" will not be organized

"Match of the Day .2016.01.23.mp4" will be organized

Wiki says both options should work.

Hope this and the timeline isse can be fixed too.

"By date

Common for long-running daily shows, you can also use the date the episode aired.

• anything_1996.11.14.ext
  • anything_1996-11-14.ext
  • anything_14.11.1996.ext"

Thanks.

Edited by heula