MP4 video created with Avidemux has no audio in emby for iOS

megamacx

megamacx

Hello,

I converted a video from MOV to MP4 (adding an audio track) and the audio is not working on emby for iOS.

It works on emby web and emby for Android though.

The MP4 consists of an H264 video with an MP3 audio.

The tool to convert the chiro and add the audio is Avidemux for Windows.

Does anyone one what could be the issue?

Thanks!

megamacx

Nope, it didn't work.  Here's the details when you click on "Nerd stats":

59b230b1e61fe_Capture.jpg

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks!

Not really. I dug into my archive and I think all of the other videos I have are MP4 videos with AAC audio (instead of MP3). I was reading online that Apple seems to favor AAC over MP3 (https://www.lifewire.com/aac-vs-mp3-for-iphone-itunes-1999703).. Now the question is, should an video with Mp3 audio be working just fine in an iPad? (Or I need to start looking at AAC to make it work?)

What's curious is that Apple devices (except OS X) are the only ones having issues playing this.

Thanks!

Sure, here's the location:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hba9gbm1wkkm570/VideoTestOnEmbyiOS.zip?dl=1

The zip has 2 files (one of them with the AAC codec that works with emby iOS, and the other one with MP3 code,which doesn't work). 

The original video is located at:  

NOTE: Both videos play just fine on Windows Media Player.

Edited by megamacx

I think you will need to report this to Apple, because this is supported and the player is reporting that mp3 in an mp4 container is supported. It's just not playing this track for whatever reason, but I have other sample videos with mp3 audio that are playing fine. Unfortunately there's no way for us to detect this and automatically switch to transcoding either.

We ought to have a button in the player to force transcoding, as that would resolve it. But if you want direct play then you'll need to submit a ticket with apple and provide them with this sample video. Thanks.

Thanks!  Since I am manually adding the audio to videos like these (and it is not working). I found a way with Avidemux to encode the audio as AAC, and that solved the problem. I don't think I'll find a quick solution to this by going through Apple.