HttpServer: HTTP Response 404 to xxx.xxx.xx.xxx. Time: 5ms.

KingKoopa08

• 2 weeks later...
KingKoopa08

@@Luke @@ebr,

This is completely an issue with how emby is handling these requests. I have tried many different m3u lists all with same result. I have built 3 servers all trying different things to see what is happening. I have attached the log file again. This time I did everything locally so I don't have to change the ips so hopefully you are able to see what is wrong. 10.95.10.190 is the server 167 is my tablet. This only happens on android for the phone. Android TV works fine and IOS works. How are we going to fix this?

server-63641761018.txt

KingKoopa08

@@Luke @@ebr,

To also add if I install emby for android tv on my tablet it works fine. So same exact device but different emby application and doesn't play anything from m3u.

As they say you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar :) the two apps are playing the content using different techniques and that is why there is a difference between them. Unfortunately I do not know why the remote server is returning an error response code.

KingKoopa08

@@Luke you wonder why I respond the way I do because that is the only way i get a response.. What are we doing to fix this? Or do I need to chargeback my premiere membership?

maegibbons

Try another IPTV provider?

You appear to have an issue with ONE provider on ONE client type.  

And you are asking devs to jump up and down when YOU have not validated it with ANY OTHER provider.  It appears to be a specific issue with vader.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Also

If you are determined to stick with vader you must insist that hey find the logs at the time of the error so that they can tell you why they refused the connection.

It really is down to them.  They REFUSED your connection - its not embys fault. 

If there is something wrong with the request then ONLY they can tell you what is wrong and why it is failing. IF you get that info THEN luke/ebr may be able to do something

Krs

Mark

My only theory right now is due to multiple requests over a short period of time to first probe and then start playing. It might be rejecting the second one on account of a request limit. It is just my guess right now, but @@maegibbons is right.

KingKoopa08

@@Luke,

How can we work to go through your theory? I bought two more iptv subs from other providers I get the same result. My thoughts are its either the request or the user agent being passed. I also downloaded a few m3u lists from online I found got same result so for us to put all blame on iptv provider sounds a little strange. On top of that you said you were able to play it at the beginning of this thread so that would prove its not the provider. 

To recap what is happening. When I try to play the streams via android app only it will not play.  It opens up like it is loading then just stays at a blank screen with play and video control buttons. Then if I was to do the same stream on android tv app no problem. It also works on all IOS, Browser, Roku and fire tv app. 

Let me know what you would like me to try.

Thanks,

Kaecey

Edited by KingKoopa08