Visual bug/artifact

Vidarr

Hello,

When i'm playing some video on my cellphone it end up with weird colour look like a weird filter.

The file are ok on my computer emby theater and on the web app.

For the information about the media 1080P HEVC (H265) and the format is .mkv.

does anyone have the same problem ?

Edited by Vidarr

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is just going to have to be transcoded instead of direct play. We plan to add a button directly in the video player to force this. we should probably also add a setting in the app about whether or not to direct play hevc.

• 4 weeks later...
Raptor6L

Hi all

I have a very similar problem when trying to watch WTV recordings on my android mobile. Everything else seems to play fine.

In fact if I hit one of the buttons, like the pause button, I can see the picture for a brief second before the colourful screen lays back over the top of it again.

@@Luke - Like Vidarr, mine is playing direct. More than happy for it to be transcoded, but how can that be changed for those files that need it?

Thanks

Chris

@@Raptor6L we haven't added this function yet. In the meantime you'd have to drop the quality setting so that it is lower than the source video bitrate. just keep in mind that will affect all videos you play, so you may want to raise it afterwards.