Should MB3 run significantly slower than my MB2 experience?

ebr

Unless you are simultaneously starting the server and MBC, I'd say most people's experience is that MBC is much faster than MB2 was.  It definitely is for me.

Are you using a plug-in theme or the default Chocolate?

Hey guys!  I've been a MB2 user since Oct 2012 when I built a HTPC mainly for DVR purposes.  Since then I've used it to back up my entire bluray collection as well as using GameBrowser II to backup all of my classic console games.  I actually had no clue that MB3 was released until I was looking into GB II stuff the other day and realized that was updated to GB III, alongside MB3.

I installed the server, the MB Theater, as well as MB Classic onto my HTPC, which has a 2.5GHz dual core, a 1GB GT 430 graphics card, 8GB ram and a 128gb SSD.  MB2 ran absolutely flawlessly with this setup.  Unfortunately, MB3 isn't quite the same experience for me.  If I run MB3 "Classic" through WMC, it takes a long time to load the app (anywhere from 7-15 seconds) even if I had immediately closed it and wanted to open it again.  The standalone Theater app is about the same in terms of loading time.  Once it loads up it's pretty smooth to navigate menus, but the initial start up takes an awful long time in comparison to MB2.  I setup the MB server and Theater on my main desktop which is running an I5 4670K/16gb ram/GTX 760/128GB SSD and while it loads MB3 faster than the HTPC, it can still take anywhere from 3-5 seconds to load the program (which I know isn't that long to wait, I was just expecting it to be fairly instant like it was on MB2). 

So my question is, is this normal?  I'm thinking about rolling back to MB2 just for the speed increase on the HTPC.  

Logos302

MBC does take longer to logon as it's actually logging in and MB2 isn't.  My hope is that as things progress the dev can improve this over time, but I expect it to always be longer, it's doing way more.  

for what it's worth mb2 always took several seconds for me. it depends on how you are starting the client apps. if you're starting the server, then immediately starting the client while the server is still loading, then i'd say that's normal. once the server startup scan finishes it should be much faster.

Good day,

Dose the speed improve loading the clients on the i5 system after it fully catch everything, like running it second time?

The server should be on all the time, some times the server will do some tasks, but even with that, I did not notice any lag.

MB3 Server, MBC, way run faster than it ever MB2 dose, and that MBT is totally seedy as my system can handle it :)

My best

MBC does take longer to logon as it's actually logging in and MB2 isn't.  My hope is that as things progress the dev can improve this over time, but I expect it to always be longer, it's doing way more.  

That makes sense, though it's not all that slow to actually log in, it's slow when it's attempting to load the program. As in, I'm in WMC, I click on Media Browser 3, and it sits at the WMC for that amount of time before then finally loading into MB3 (and subsequently then going through the login process)

Good day,

Dose the speed improve loading the clients on the i5 system after it fully catch everything, like running it second time?

The server should be on all the time, some times the server will do some tasks, but even with that, I did not notice any lag.

MB3 Server, MBC, way run faster than it ever MB2 dose, and that MBT is totally seedy as my system can handle it :)

My best

It seems to be about the same, though now that I've given it some thought it's probably a bit of an unfair comparison since when testing the I5 setup, it's accessing content over wifi that's stored on a HDD on the HTPC server. 

Unless you are simultaneously starting the server and MBC, I'd say most people's experience is that MBC is much faster than MB2 was.  It definitely is for me.

Are you using a plug-in theme or the default Chocolate?

I was testing the HTPC after the server had been up for a little bit (maybe a few minutes); I probably started and closed MBC back to back a dozen times while timing it with a stopwatch on my phone.  If most people's experience is that it's faster then I will definitely keep tinkering with it and see if I can't get it to load faster.  I was testing with the default Chocolate theme.