Transcoding Qnap ts 869 pro

Vidarr
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hello there,

i did some research but i guess my knowledge is not good enough to understand fully how it's working.

I have an atom D2702 it's a weak processor we agree but i can't transcode anything with it and sometime it does transcode for no reason i would like to know why and how to prevent it or try to make emby just read the file because it doesn't need any transcode.

i would also wnat to know how to set the transcoding part at it's best and i'm a bit lost about it atm..

thank you for your reply and help.

• Solution

What Emby app were you playing from?

If you were playing from the web app then please be aware that there is currently no browser available that supports HEVC, therefore turning off transcoding would result in having no ability to play that file. 

Does this answer your question?

• Like 1

I was playing with chrome on my desktop

Ok so basically he is turning my HEVC file into H264 file that does indeed answer one part of my question.

For the 2nd part is there any way i could try atleast to transcode one fil at 30 fps atleast with my current setup or it's lost for the nation ?

Edited by Vidarr

• 4 weeks later...

We have a new QNAP package available for testing:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51334-new-qnap-package-for-testing/

Unlike the current package in the QNAP community, this is built by the Emby Team and will be tested and supported by us. It is also built with the new .NET Core runtime from Microsoft, which has major performance improvements over the mono runtime used by the community package. 

Please try it out if interested in helping us test it. Thanks !