MBC Won't Play After Moving Files on Server

stevendom57
Go to solution Solved by Logos302,

stevendom57

I have been using MB3 Server and MB3 Classic for a few months now. The combination has been working fine and I really like it.

A few days ago I started to suspect that an external USB drive was going bad. Of course that is the drive that I keep my MB3 video files on. I copied the files to an internal drive on my server and redirected by server to use this new file location.

That is when things began to get interesting with MB3.

I can still play the video files within the server by right clicking on the server the choosing “Browse Library”.

I can play the video files from my client machine from within MBT.

I can see all of my files and associated metadata on my client machine from within MBC. When I click “Play” in MBC the file does not play.

I have uninstall MBC on my client machine, removed all vestiges of setup info from AppData and ProgramData and reinstalled, but the files still will not play.

So, that is where I stand now. The Server and MBT work fine but MBC won’t play. Does anyone have any ideas that I can try to get things back to normal?

You can also use the new path substitution feature in the server to translate local drives to network paths accessible by the HTPC clients.