Low Quality Artwork

dcrdev

dcrdev

I recently removed and reinstalled the iOS app to clear some of the cache - which was starting to get rather large.

Now I notice that all the artwork being downloaded is of inferior quality i.e. very pixelated. The same artwork is fine when accessed via the web app, or indeed looking at it directly on the filesystem.

I suspect there's some kind of bandwidth check going on that downscales images based on availability, in my case that doesn't appear to be working because I'm on wifi.

59ad94dddcb53_1709041900080873.png

dcrdev

It's lower resolution than I was expecting -

400 x 225

All my episode primary images appear to be this resolution, it appears to be the resolution Emby is downloading; I don't add any artwork myself manually ever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i think if the original image is 400 * 225 then I'm not sure how we can improve it. that's just what the tvdb offers and that's all they have.

if you switch to moviedb for tv metadata then they often have 1080p episode images, but library scans will be considerably slower. not just because of the larger images, but episode info is downloaded individually as opposed to in bulk like tvdb.

dcrdev

i think if the original image is 400 * 225 then I'm not sure how we can improve it. that's just what the tvdb offers and that's all they have.

if you switch to moviedb for tv metadata then they often have 1080p episode images, but library scans will be considerably slower. not just because of the larger images, but episode info is downloaded individually as opposed to in bulk like tvdb.

But what I'm failing to understand is that if I view it in mobile safari it doesn't look pixelated, whereas it does in the app?