Streaming friendly format setting

pvcleave

pvcleave

Under live TV there is a setting to Automatically convert to a streaming friendly format. This is going to sound like a stupid question, but what exactly is that supposed to do? I switched this setting on, yes I have premier, and it really messed up my recordings. I can no longer seek, fast-forward, resume watching a program. In fact I am unable to play them on any device or software platform, except as one continuous stream. As soon as I try to fast-forward, the software hangs. The stream may be designed for someone that does not use there computer as a DVR, but once you try to pause or record, it seems to really not work very well. 

So my legitimate question is, what is it supposed to be used for?

pvcleave

Because I am unable to seek. I have tried it on all the converted files. I even copied them to a different computer and tried playing with non Emby software. The MKV files will not seek, only the TS files. So there is no realy purpose other than to make it an MKV. Since what ever Emby does to the MKV file will not allow me to seek, and TS works fine, I will not check the box.

I have tried playing the file with VLC, Windows Media Player, Power Media Player, and a few others, all experiencing the same outcome. I have tried multiple files, all with the same outcome. It also does not work with Emby on Windows and Android.

Edited by pvcleave