Play random episode option gone?

homerfan

If you mean the "Shuffle" option, it is still there at the Series level - it just doesn't have its own button anymore.  When you hit the "Play" button it will ask you if you want to play all or shuffle.

bungee91

If you mean the "Shuffle" option, it is still there at the Series level - it just doesn't have its own button anymore.  When you hit the "Play" button it will ask you if you want to play all or shuffle.

I noticed this as well, however my stock remote doesn't have a "Play" button so I am unable to select a random play.

I liked it much better as a clickable button on the detail screen, as more and more remotes don't have dedicated buttons for playback (my testing is with a MiiBox and Nexus Player).

Is there a way to perform this action currently without the dedicated play button as an option that I may be overlooking?

I noticed this as well, however my stock remote doesn't have a "Play" button so I am unable to select a random play.

I liked it much better as a clickable button on the detail screen, as more and more remotes don't have dedicated buttons for playback (my testing is with a MiiBox and Nexus Player).

Is there a way to perform this action currently without the dedicated play button as an option that I may be overlooking?

I'm talking about the "Play" button on the detail screen - not the one on your remote.

bungee91

Ok let me try, as I just assumed the option was now gone (as I bet most people at first glance do as well).

I will try this and report back, hopefully it is obvious/useful (more so than the previous button) in testing.

Any chance of copying the Apple TV options for this? On the ATV you can shuffle all unplayed episodes, which is awesome. I'd love that on my Android TV too.

Thanks for the awesome work!