Displaying channel thumbnail images under Live TV

dberg

Is it possible to display thumbnail images for TV channels under Live TV -> Programs?  Right now this section is populated by a series of multi-colored boxes (image attached).  It's a bit of a sharp contrast to my Emby landing page which populates with beautiful posters and images of my movies and TV series.

My IPTV service captures channel thumbnails with the same naming convention every couple of minutes into a remotely accessible shared folder.  I'm using the TVHeadend plugin 1.0.6412.32565 with TVHeadend 4.0.8 running on the backend in a FreeBSD jail. Unfortunately, TVHeadend doesn't appear to have a way to utilize the channel thumbs in their application.  

I was thinking this could possibly be accomplished by removing the TVHeadend plugin in Emby and restructuring my channel URLs, logos, channel numbers and channel thumbs into a .m3u playlist to import into Emby, but I can't seem to find any data about including the thumb in an XMLTV formatted playlist: http://xmtvplayer.com/build-m3u-file.

Any thoughts how to make this work?

post-142189-0-88515600-1504306411_thumb.png

Edited by dberg

ShotToTheDome

These are episode/tv show images that for me are pulled from schedules direct if you provide a valid tvg-id in your xml and have the guide source available in Emby. I just got done getting this working with a m3u iptv xml source

ShotToTheDome

I believe that would get it to work. Here is an edited entry that works below

Here is an example iptv m3u xml entry that works completely and pulls all images:

as long as one of your guide data lineups has schedules direct id: 60006 (for this channel) in it, it will work. Also you want the tvg-name to match what is in SD

#EXTINF:-1 channel-id="1303" tvg-id="I60006.json.schedulesdirect.org" tvg-name="Disney XD HD" tvg-logo="http://www.tv-logo.com/pt-data/uploads/images/logo/disney_xd_centro.jpg"group-title="KIDS",DISNEY XD HD

http://iptvprovider:port/live/username/pass/4501.ts

The key is making sure you have the right schedules direct guides coming in

Edited by ShotToTheDome

Thanks!  A few of my channel sources come from different time zones and I can only include one region from schedules direct, so I don't think this is going to be the right solution for me.  I appreciate the help.

ShotToTheDome

Thanks!  A few of my channel sources come from different time zones and I can only include one region from schedules direct, so I don't think this is going to be the right solution for me.  I appreciate the help.

Are you sure about the region thing? You can have up to 4 different zip codes/areas/regions for sources in SD. I've got a Canadian SD source, US SD source and one from England