Metadata Manager & Kodi not showing multiple seasons from the Emby library

TenaciousD

TenaciousD

Hi,

So I just recently built my first NAS running OMV3 and got Emby on it to manage my Kodi database.

For all my TV shows, I had to identify them using the right click -> Identify menu. That seems to have made an issue with the Metadata Manager, and subsequently, my Raspberry Pi 2 running Kodi. Even if there are multiple seasons of a show in my Emby Library, only one will show up in the metadata manager and in Kodi. Using TCW as an example, only S01 shows up in the metadata manager, and S04 in Kodi. This happens with all shows that have more than 1 season.

How colossally have I screwed up, and what will it take to fix this?

An unrelated question, does the Emby for Kodi addon default to direct play? I didn't notice any additional strain on my NAS so I assume it does. If it doesn't, where do I change that? I see it tells you in the dash if it's being direct played or transcoded. Cool!

Here are some pics and the server log (I think this is the right one).

Thanks!

EDIT: Some shows have multiple Kodi entries for each season, but only one Emby metadata manager entry. The view in the actual Emby library is normal - multiple seasons under one main name.

post-237857-0-44793800-1504271539_thumb.png

post-237857-0-08703100-1504271593_thumb.png

post-237857-0-08076700-1504271611_thumb.jpg

server-63639868428.txt

Edited by TenaciousD

TenaciousD

I also can't delete anything from the TV or movie library. "There was an error deleting the item from Emby Server. Please check that Emby Server has write access to the media folder and try again." Starting to sorry that I've messed this up big time.

Edited by TenaciousD

I also can't delete anything from the TV or movie library. "There was an error deleting the item from Emby Server. Please check that Emby Server has write access to the media folder and try again." Starting to sorry that I've messed this up big time.

For this, it's exactly what the error message says. It means Emby Server does not have access to deleting the media file.

TenaciousD

For this, it's exactly what the error message says. It means Emby Server does not have access to deleting the media file.

Thanks for the reply. Does this help you?

http://i.imgur.com/3w6GKbl.png

I'm using MergerFS to pool my drives, and Emby is scanning /srv/f24078e2-b488-49ab-b8d7-e7fe4807fc5f/Movies and /srv/f24078e2-b488-49ab-b8d7-e7fe4807fc5f/Television

Edited by TenaciousD

TenaciousD

Is that just a flat structure? i wanted to get a sense of the hierarchy. thanks.

This help?

http://i.imgur.com/ygOzZV9.png

I don't put multiple seasons inside a parent folder, if that makes sense.

I've found a possible solution. If I group multiple seasons inside a parent show folder, the metadata manager will pick up the seasons correctly, without me having to identify anything.

eg, take the Clone Wars S01-S04 folders, and put them in a parent folder called Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I need to test it some more, but it looks like that works.

However there might still be an underlying issue with the Identify function and how the metadata manager handles multiple seasons of a show using it.

Edited by TenaciousD

Ok, you do at least need to have a folder for each series - at least currently. We would like to be able to support what you're doing but we haven't completed it yet.

With what you have now, it will pick up the episodes just fine, but the season and series containers won't be created properly and this will lead to the kinds of quirks that you're running into.

Angelblue05

@@TenaciousD

If you are talking about series pooling, can you test this build: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48277-series-pooling-on-different-drives/?p=480516

You'll need to reset your local database by launching emby for kodi. Then let everything resync, and once that done, run a manual sync to apply series pooling. Let me know if all your content shows then.