HDHR Channel Scan

SWKerr

I have multiple HDHR tuners and I would like to have better control of what channels show up in the Guide.  

The most recent HDHR4 allows me to set favorites in the HDHR web app and Emby allows me to use only the favorites. 

But I have several other older HDHR Tuners that do not support the favorites feature.  

Once I add these tuners to Emby all the scanned channels show up and many are not wanted.

Is there any way to remove the unwanted channels from the Guide.  The HDHR does not give me an option to delete them in their app.

I do have this option in Plex which actually does its own channel scan for the older HDHRs and lets me pick.      

• Like 1

In the meantime you could setup tags and disallow the channels with tags in parental controls. The pain could be that you have to do it for each user.

In the meantime you could setup tags and disallow the channels with tags in parental controls. The pain could be that you have to do it for each user.

Thanks.  This worked very well.  I am only using one user right now and auto login so only had to do it once.  

ShotToTheDome

one thing to keep in mind is that you can still record off of disallowed tag'd channels when scheduling in dvr and they can show up in different views other than guide. I too have older hdhr3-us tuners so i feel your pain

Edited by ShotToTheDome