Live Tv Audio/Video Out of Sync

mwongjay

mwongjay

When watching live tv the audio and video progressively gets out of sync. This happens randomly from what I've experienced. Some programs will play its entire duration without a sync issue. Unfortunately, I don't have any logs, but will make sure I follow up if I see this happening again. @@FordGT90Concept has also experienced this issue and may be able to provide logs from his server. 

Normally, I'd also include the server version, however, I've seen this across many versions probably back to the earliest releases of 3.2. I also believe this issue crept in after 3.2.

Both of us have noticed that pausing live tv allows the audio and video to sync back up, however, in my case I've still seen sync issues after pausing for awhile (say 5+ min.) although the offset between the video and audio was reduced so I'm not able to determine whether the pause duration and sync are related.

I'm wondering if this is a case of one of the streams transcoding (audio or video) and the other stream copying and, thus, getting out of whack.  I guess an ffmpeg log from when it happens might give as a clue.

However, I will say that I experience this same type of thing with Sling all the time..

• Like 2

SamES

It may be a coincidence but I noticed this issue last night for the first time on the Samsung/Tizen client.  It was DirectPlaying and the sync was terrible (out by seconds after about 30 minutes).  Forcing it to transcode and it was all OK.  Playing the file directly on a PC with an external player (not via the server) and it was also fine.  Restarting TV and server didn't resolve it.

Server is 3.2.30.3 beta, and LiveTV settings are set to preserve video and audio, and it is left in the original ts container (not converted to mkv).  Device is HDHomerun with latest release firmware (release about 2 weeks old) .

This may not be the same problem, and might be a coincidence but it's the first time I've seen this on a daily recorded series which I watch every day.  I didn't confirm this with non-LiveTV formats, but I will check tonights recording.

Log attached, recording file was ABC News 2017-08-31.ts

I will check again tonight and try a few things.

Apologies if this is a different issue.

server-63639812603.txt

Tonight's episode was fine.  Last nights is still corrupt.  I expect this may have just been a corrupt recording (or corrupt transmission)

FordGT90Concept

Here's a log I know it got out of sync in. User repeatedly paused to correct it.

although the offset between the video and audio was reduced so I'm not able to determine whether the pause duration and sync are related.

I think it is. The further you are from live TV, the less likely it is to happen. As you catch back up to live TV, the audio falls behind video.

Only seen it happen with live TV.

FFMPEG log is directstream.

sync.zip

Edited by FordGT90Concept