Check if Timer has already been recorded?

jin264

Hi All,

Looking into creating a server plugin that will get called back whenever a Timer is being saved to the database. I would like to check the timer to see if it's been "watched" and reject the scheduling of the timer.

Possible?

Thanks,

JiN264

• 2 months later...

Hi Luke, 

So I am re-visiting this plugin. Is there a plugin that hooks into Emby LiveTv TimerEvents that I can try and use as a reference?

I have been looking through most of the system and I believe I have to hook into "ILiveTvManager.SeriesTimerCreated" use TimerEventInfo to get the Program and then check if the user has Played that video. Which User? Not sure. Need to see if I can determine who had setup the SeriesTimer.

Thanks,
John Nunez

You can't determine who setup the timer, and it may be hard to do what you're trying to do because you don't know what the library item id will be after the timer has completed.

It is in our plans to have a timer history, and so i think it is best for you to wait for that feature and then use whatever api is created for that.

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the info.  As a temp solution do you think the follow will work...

Add an alt function to the context menu that will remove the media file and place a zero K placeholder in it's place. This should prevent re-recording the episode. Also add a function to remove the placeholder.

Correct the context menu that appears when you want to delete a video. If it's possible to add functions to that menu I would try to add a "special" delete function that removes the file and then adds an empty placeholder. Not sure if that would be enough to fool the recording code that determines if the episode already exists. Or another solution would be a checkout on the Delete alert that states "Leave a placeholder".

We can't do that, sorry. That means we're going to have to build, test and troubleshoot something that we're going to have to rip out later when the real work gets done.