Android 6.0 status bar question

robass

I have just recently purchased an X96 tv box running the above version of android . I cannot for the life of me get rid of the status bar at the top of the screen . It goes away when watching Showbox or Mobdro , but is there on all the other apps including Youtube ? Anybody else have this ? I am using a rii8 keyboard , perhaps I should try the original remote , not sure if it will help 

CBers

Do you have the Android TV app or the Android mobile app installed ??

Is the X96 tv box an official Android TV device ??

Hi CBers , thanks for responding . I honestly dont know , how would I check ? I dont know if its an official Android TV device?

Thanks , are you suggesting I download the Emby app and try it ? I'm not quite following you here ? Please forgive me 

CBers

Thanks , are you suggesting I download the Emby app and try it ? I'm not quite following you here ? Please forgive me

That makes two of us.

The Emby Android TV app runs on Android TV devices.

If it's not an official Android TV device, then you will have issues.

I have just recently purchased an X96 tv box running the above version of android . I cannot for the life of me get rid of the status bar at the top of the screen . It goes away when watching Showbox or Mobdro , but is there on all the other apps including Youtube ? Anybody else have this ? I am using a rii8 keyboard , perhaps I should try the original remote , not sure if it will help 

So you are not even running one of our apps at this point?

The TV app may work on it with unknown success or playback capabilities and, I believe, our app will banish the status bar for you.

Umm no I'm not. I think I posted on this forum not knowing exactly what you guys do. Thanks for the responses and direction. I will try the app and let you know

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

CBers

Umm no I'm not. I think I posted on this forum not knowing exactly what you guys do. Thanks for the responses and direction. I will try the app and let you know

It won't work in isolation.

You need to install Emby server and provide your own content, before the Android app, or Android TV app, will see anything.

https://emby.media/download.html