Rewind and Fast Forward

pt1xoom

pt1xoom

Hello,

Yesterday I was watching a show in MKV format.  I missed something that was said, so I hit the back arrow to back up 1 minute to I could catch what was said.  When I hit the enter button to start, the entire show started from the beginning.  I tried to get back to where I was originally, but every time I click the OK button, it went to the beginning.

I went to the web client, and it was able to start the file in the middle of the show.  I tried to cast the show to the Roku, but it started at the beginning of the show on the Roku.

I then went into the settings of the Roku app and turned down the video quality (to force transcoding), and it worked correctly.

I replaced the MKV (so I don't have the original file, now) with an MP4, and that works correctly.

I have the current version of the Roku, and the 3.2.28 of the server (upgrading today).

It doesn't seem to be on every MKV.

All the transport controls are handled by the Roku itself.  I haven't seen this exact issue reported I don't think but there do seem to be some problems with the current Roku firmware.  Hopefully, this was one of them and will get corrected.

I reported this also a little while back - exact same thing - it was specific to a media file I think - I have not had it since (plus I learned about the little rotating arrow button that goes back 30 seconds).