Ubuntu Server Crashing - 3.2.30

James W

James W

After upgrading to 3.2.29 the server now seems to be crashing randomly. I have updated to 3.2.30 but the crashes are still happening in a random fashion. Today it has crashed twice once in the very early morning and again just a few minutes ago. 

Logs are attached. 

server-63639561600.txt.txt

unhandled_3a481c94-9fdd-41a0-bffc-59edf9b9be71.txt.txt

Try disabling the realtime monitor for your emby libraries. There is a crash coming from the mono runtime that we're unable to intercept. thanks.

James W

Ok I am disabling those on my library's 

I just received the notification below as well. How can I tell what folder is actually having the issue

Scan media library failed.
15 minutes ago
Refresh for item Folder c9e922ee9f4b5d2cbe943f893a06665a is not in progress

server-63639627938.txt.txt

Try running the library scan again. Unfortunately you can't really tell what folder caused that unless you happen to know which folder had a change at the time of the crash. 

James W

I ran the task manually but it is completing without error. I have seen this same error come up before but unfortunately I did not save the logs as the server was not crashing at that time. I am not 100% sure but I believe it is the same folder number as before. I tried to look in the logs last time but could not decode what the long string was referring to and I hoped it would resolve itself over time. This error message seems to also happen randomly.

I will try a manual scan again over the next few days to see if I can get it to trigger the error.

Thanks for the feedback. We are in process of moving away from mono and onto the newer and smaller .net core runtime from microsoft. Once that becomes part of our release you may see better results with the realtime monitor there. Thanks.