Bad stuttering upon movie resume only

nickbuol

nickbuol

Long time EmBy user here (started back well before MediaBrowser3 was a thing).  Switched to JRiver to get MadVR support that worked well, then to Kodi to get some cool plug ins (nothing illegal), and now have decided that I really like EmBy best.  Have been a lifetime Premiere member for a long time and back on EmBy for a couple of months.

Everything seems to work really well except one thing... Resuming a movie that I've previously started.

If I select resume, the frame rate is about 2 fps, massive stuttering (and slow playback, like it is trying to play all of the frames, but just not able to) and no audio. This never used to happen about 18 months ago when I had switched away from EmBy, but seems to happen with the current version.

Playback is perfect whenever NOT resuming a movie.  Start from the beginning and it start playing within maybe 2 seconds, I can fast forward, rewind, skip "chapters" etc all fine with no lag or stutter, but a resume will bring playback to an unusable state.  Doesn't matter if I've watched something else before the resume, freshly booted the HTPC, etc.  

I am getting my movies from a media server across a 1Gb LAN connection.  Any thoughts on why everything else work great except for resume?  

Thanks.

Whatever the latest versions were about two months ago, however, this particular issue has always existed with our madvr option and even dates back to the Media Browser Theater app. It doesn't happen on every file but it does happen.

nickbuol

Yes, I have MadVR selected.  It is odd that I've never noticed it in the past.  This is a clean/fresh install of EmBy from about 2 months ago. 

So it is a MadVR/EmBy issue then?  That stinks.  Lacking MadVR support was one of the reasons I left EmBy a while back.  I'm not giving up, but this would be great if it got resolved.

Edited by nickbuol