REaltime folder watch does not work.

bigeyez

bigeyez

Hi

​I have enabled realtime folder watch for my music folders but it does not seem to work. I have to manually scan the folders to get the new songs show up. Maybe I need some special Emby libs on Linux?

​Emby is running on Debian Testing X64 using Emby beta repository from Suse.

Edited by bigeyez

bigeyez

Well, I am constantly copying new files to the music folders and none of them are showing up in a realtimeish way in my library, not even hours after. So I manually rescan the music folders to get them show up in the music library.

Ok, please attach the emby server log, we'll see if the monitor is firing at all on your system. thanks.

Come to think of this, quick question about it. Is realtime watch supported for network shares(samba)?

On linux it probably will not work at the moment with mono. However, we are working on compatibility with the new Microsoft .NET Core runtime, and perhaps it may work with that:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50012-emby-server-for-net-core/

Thanks.

• Like 1

bigeyez

I see it makes sense. I added a local path (it is synced across devices, and exact same subfolders) to the music library. And I removed the original network path from it. Let me try this for  a while. I also hope that I did not mess up the database by swapping folder paths like that.

Edited by bigeyez

bigeyez

Ok after some testing I can confirm that local drive path works with realtime monitoring. It seems like network paths are not supported as of now on Linux as you mentioned.