HDHomeRunPrime Setup

moviefan
Go to solution Solved by moviefan,

moviefan

Hello all-.  So I purchased the HomeRun Prime as a result of the dialogue in the big thread that was locked.

I finally got around to getting a cable card yesterday and went to set everything up today.

After setting up the unit, and opening WMC to configure, it asks me my country.  After telling it United States I receive the following message:

530d42c78c7e3_wmcerror.png

I've tried UK as well but receive the same message.  Anyone seen this before and have any recommendations on how to correct?

Thanks!

Koleckai Silvestri

What country are you actually in? Regions are blocked by IP addresses around the world.

What DNS servers are you using?

Edited by Wayne Luke

moviefan

I am in California, US.  Using a Comcast Business Class connection.  Pointing to Google DNS Servers for external domains (8.8.8.8)

• Solution
moviefan

Hmmm, well I went to test this on another computer and I got past that screen on it so then I went back to the original computer and it didn't stop me there either.  I guess nevermind.

Koleckai Silvestri

The cable card will be tied to a specific computer with Windows Media Center. You need to contact Comcast to give another computer access.

moviefan

The cable card will be tied to a specific computer with Windows Media Center. You need to contact Comcast to give another computer access.

I am still deciding if I want to do it in a VM or if I will need the HDCP support since I really don't understand what content I will lose.  Are you saying if I set it up now on my desktop that I'll have to call back each time I want to change systems?

moviefan

Hmmm, the way the instructions read I just pair the cablecard with the prime.  I figured out what I need to do I think and will call Comcast tomorrow to try and get it activated.

moviefan

Just to clarify, yes the Card just pairs to the HomeRun unit itself.  The OS installation and WMC setup are completely separate and you don't have to call back into Comcast unless you change HomeRuns or switch cards.