Android TV application hang

FordGT90Concept
Go to solution Solved by FordGT90Concept,

FordGT90Concept

User Lauren on Android TV was attempting to access a recording. It went to a gray screen and he smashed the back button on the SHIELD. The SHIELD gave an application unresponsive message and he closed Emby via it. Emby worked fine at after that. May be related to this:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/49112-fire-tv-grey-screen-on-app-startup/

Submitted logs from the SHIELD about 5 minutes ago as of posting this. Attached server logs.

Not sure why it is transcoding. It shouldn't be.

Edited by FordGT90Concept

Thanks.  This is a different issue.

Are you sure she didn't get the gray screen after smashing the back button?

This particular crash was inside a Google image display routine and it is complaining about an activity being destroyed already.  Only way I can see that happening would be if maybe things were closing really fast...

FordGT90Concept

He was going to start playing back a recording after turning it on so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have hit back to trigger it. He started hitting back because it was not responsive.

FordGT90Concept

I can confirm my issue is same as the link above. When it isn't going to work, it goes black/gray screen on start and doesn't come out of it. Hitting the back button causes the application hang dialog to pop up asking to send feedback, close it, or wait for it. Restarting the SHIELD temporarily fixes it.

This problem has not existed long (less than a month) and it is prolific.

FordGT90Concept

Very easy to reproduce. Clearly something wrong with Emby suspending and resuming.

1. Started SHIELD. There was nothing on the recommendation row which means Emby hasn't ran yet.

2. Logged in as user Lee @ SERVER

3. Live TV -> American Warrior Ninja Step not necessary to produce bug.

4. Backed out of Emby to SHIELD's main menu, put it to sleep.

5. Turned SHIELD back on, recommendation row is populated by Emby, attempted to start Emby.

6. Loading screen wheel spun maybe once or twice, screen went black.

7. Hit back button, application hang menu, submitted feedback via Google "fordgt90concept" account including system logs.

8. Hit back button again to bring up application hang menu, killed Emby.

9. Started Emby again, submitted logs (no user logged in, SERVER).

I did all of this in the last 15 minutes. Server logs attached.

Edit: I repeated the above except step 3 (went to check version number instead which is 1.4.45g) and the same outcome happened at step 6. I did #7 with the description text being "Again"

Edit: Server Version 3.2.29.1 beta

yup.zip

This is a completely different issue but I understand it may look like the same thing to you.

How long did you wait between steps 6 and 7 (before starting to smash the back button)?

If you let it sit there on the "black screen" for a while (at least 60 seconds) what happens?

FordGT90Concept

Almost instantly.

I gave it 3 minutes from when the loading indicator seized up and nothing changed (black screen, no progress). Hit back button, 5 seconds later the option to close, wait, or send feedback pops up.

Okay, obviously, I cannot reproduce this so it must be related to some settings or something else.  What is your setting for log in behavior?  It must be show login screen, right?

FordGT90Concept

Discovered putting it to sleep is not necessary. Just backing out of Emby to the SHIELD main menu then back into Emby will do it.

No idea what is going on with your install but, obviously, that is not happening to most people or we'd be inundated with reports.

Perhaps try clearing data on the app and then re-doing the settings?

FordGT90Concept

It's doing it on both SHIELDS connected to the same server here. Server is running Version 3.2.30.2 beta pending update to 3.2.30.3

• Solution
FordGT90Concept

1.4.46g fixed it but, when it would have locked up previously, now the login screen is missing icons (all of them: send logs, users, change server, etc.). Better than locking up though.

I have started seeing the missing icons but only on the User selection screen.  Actually, they show up and then get blanked out.  If your system is fast enough, you may not see that though.

No idea what is happening there yet...