HELP.. lol

pir8radio
Go to solution Solved by pir8radio,

pir8radio

I'm recording Sesame Street on PPV using emby,  Its saving it as a series and wont let me watch the recording....    The show is recording in  series/fightfolder/fight.ts     and i just get a spinning circle when trying to view the recording...   argggg

pir8radio

It's ok, I'm sure somebody can tell you what's happening lol

What are you trying to watch it with?

anything...    lol   Emby Theater now...  

Guest asrequested

anything...    lol   Emby Theater now...  

Have you tried in the browser? If that doesn't work.....eeerrrrmm.....Luke? lol

pir8radio

Have you tried in the browser? If that doesn't work.....eeerrrrmm.....Luke? lol

ahhh..  I was just in panic mode......  I guess i'll figure it out...     Emby has failed me tonight,  lol....   

pir8radio

Hi there @@pir8radio, we're very sorry to hear about your issue. In order for us to best help you, please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !

lol i knew it was coming..      So I ended up getting my streams online.  There are a few issues that i discovered with emby.     The recording categorized itself as a series,  yet when you go to the series page its blank, and PLAY or PLAY ALL (emby theater) does nothing but a spinning circle, i assume because the recording is still in progress.   The dashboard didn't list the in progress recording under "latest recordings" again because it was in progress.   That was one issue.   The second issue was if the user doesn't have access to "LIVE TV"  but does have access to recordings, they couldn't view the in-progress recording because of the above issue.  The only way for a user with no live tv access, and only recording access to view an in-progress recording is to give them a link to the Live TV/Recordings page where they then can see the in-progress recording and view it..   So there appears to be a buggy there.   Latest recordings everywhere else wont show the recording until its done recording.   If any of that makes sense?  I'm tired...  

Edited by pir8radio

chef

That was quite the episode of Seseme street!

Big Bird got tired really quickly, it was over after the third song!

• Like 1

pir8radio

Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. thanks !

I sent the server log... But if you need the transcode logs, I can send one... But there are quite a few for that time frame...  They are all direct-stream  ^_^   But with my issue above, the issue was that no one could even start an in-progress recording, it would never request a file on the server,  They would get the spinning loading on the series screen not the player screen.   I'll see if i can reproduce and send you that. 

EDIT: I just looked for transcode logs when trying to view the in-progress recording, and there are none, If you see something in the log and need a transcode log from a particular time frame, let me know.

Edited by pir8radio

• Solution
pir8radio

It looks like the main issues I was having last night were fixed in 3.2.29   day late release lol....  :)

• Rework active recordings to show in all places immediately