Settings location?

bigeyez

bigeyez

Hi

​Where are the Emby server settings located on Debian? I want to change the default cache location. I tried it in the browser, it tries to save the setting forever and I restarted it no change has been done to cache.

​thanks

mwongjay

Hi

​Where are the Emby server settings located on Debian? I want to change the default cache location. I tried it in the browser, it tries to save the setting forever and I restarted it no change has been done to cache.

​thanks

/var/lib/emby-server/config/system.xml
  • Like 1

This actually is not helpful because very likely he got a spinning circle because the cache path he entered is not something Emby will be able to use. (e.g., perhaps no write access).

We need to improve that screen to show a graceful error message and we will, but if he goes and puts that same path into the config xml file, then the next thing he's going to do is start reporting that lots of things aren't working.

mwongjay

This actually is not helpful because very likely he got a spinning circle because the cache path he entered is not something Emby will be able to use. (e.g., perhaps no write access).

We need to improve that screen to show a graceful error message and we will, but if he goes and puts that same path into the config xml file, then the next thing he's going to do is start reporting that lots of things aren't working.

Come on Luke, what user doesn't know their setup well enough to make changes to the config directly?! All joking aside I agree everyone should use the web ui to update the config settings which validates the data.

The only time I've needed to manually update the config has been when the server is bound to a specific ip and that ip then changes. In that case Emby is restarted the only response from the server is a blank page with 2 words - can't recall what they were. Requires manually updating the config file to update the binding. 

bigeyez

​Thanks man, that helped my issues. I was running out of space on my system, so I needed a quick fix.

Luke, I will try to get server logs to you when I can becasue I have to reedit the config and retry.