Auto boxset: not creating all box sets?

jscoys

jscoys

Hello,

I have 8000 movies and I setup the plugin to take into account box sets when they have 2 movies, so the default settings finally...

I have 447 box sets created, but I spotted several movies with themovieid present which are not part of a boxset... I can give you more information like examples of box set not created. Let me know. Thx for your help. Oh and, I love this plugin [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mediacowboy

You might look up the collection on themoviedb. I have ran I to this as well and sometimes they have 1 movie with several different ids.

Happy2Play

Also note Boxset id's are occationally deleted or change on TMDB.  So existing metadata ids become obsolete.

The plugin installation page discusses the requirements that are needed to create collections. You should be able to use this information to determine why a collection you expected was not created. Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

Hello Luke sorry for The delay. Sometimes it's better to show things than explaining... so here is a video I made to show you an example of collection missing : https://youtu.be/p814zAdCYEU

Thx

Is there a name conflict as there are two collections and your Collection shows one ID and your media shows the other ID.

https://www.themoviedb.org/search/collection?query=asterix&language=en

• Like 1

jscoys

Hum finally @@Happy2Play you're right... collections are stored by the name in data/collections and not by tmdbcollectionid... so when two collections have got the same name, there is a conflict in directory name and one of them is not created.2254e79cea51f819630f8ce400c46c40.png

Happy2Play

Unless there is a translation issue they shouldn't have the same name, as shown in the like I posted.

• Like 1

jscoys

Currently on tmdb there are, in some cases, several collections with the exactly the same name. Today, how auto box set is managing that is that it creates a box set for only one of them, so the movies in the others are ignored...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jscoys

Unless there is a translation issue they shouldn't have the same name, as shown in the like I posted.

Agree but you can't stop people to do stupid things on tmdb, and personally I want the maximum box sets as possible on my server, and not missing one because a guy put the exactly same name for 2 or more collections on tmdb...

Happy2Play

And that is the issue

https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/2396?language=fr-FR

https://www.themoviedb.org/collection/94039?language=fr-FR

But this is a user translation issues since is a community site.

@Luke  @@ebr

Can years be included in create for situations like this?

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

@@jscoys

I updated the translation name for the animation collection.  So it is a matter of how long the api takes to update.

• Like 1

jscoys

@@jscoys

I updated the translation name for the animation collection. So it is a matter of how long the api takes to update.

Don't want to blast you, but as a developer I know that using string name of anything in any software doesn't make sense because it doesn't guarantee the data will be unique, so we use the unique id as primary key instead.

Anyway if I saw another collections with the same problem I will update on tmdb directly... but it's not a long-term solution...

Happy2Play

I am no dev but if they query by id and you have same name already what should they do?  So are you saying save Colledtion name by ID as you can't duplicate names?

jscoys

It should be two different collections with the same name, as it's possible to have the same movie with the same title several times, I don't see the problem there. The only thing to change on the box set plugin is to store data in directories named with the tmdbid instead of the title of the collection as it appears on the tmdb website.

Happy2Play

That would work.  But this is a user translation issue on TMDB also as all other languages were translated properly, except fr-FR.

You can't say these are the same name.

Astérix & Obélix (Animation) - Saga

Astérix & Obélix - Saga

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

jscoys

That would work. But this is a user translation issue on TMDB also as all other languages were translated properly, except fr-FR.

You can't say these are the same name.

Astérix & Obélix (Animation) - Saga

Astérix & Obélix - Saga

Agree happy. My concern is, even if I'm willing to improve tmdb and I do that as often as I can, I have no idea among my collection of 8000 movies the number of them concerned by this problem, and that are supposed to be part of a collection that is not created... that's why we can say today that the auto box set is not creating all collections, even if it's not directly its fault...

Don't want to blast you, but as a developer I know that using string name of anything in any software doesn't make sense because it doesn't guarantee the data will be unique, so we use the unique id as primary key instead.

Anyway if I saw another collections with the same problem I will update on tmdb directly... but it's not a long-term solution...

We do this in most critical places but, in this instance, we chose not to so that a user could easily identify them on disc.

Also, I think originally, the plug-in would create the name including the tmdb collection ID (because that was our convention back then).  Then when we removed that convention, this happened.