Subtitles.

midwaybrit

midwaybrit

Hi

I am new here....I am a member over at P, but I've had enough of their lack of support and installed Emby today. I have many questions, my first being I cannot get subtitles to play through my Roku, despite ensuring the Roku captions are set correctly. Am I missing something ?

Cheers !!

Happy2Play

Have you looked a the server per user subtitle options?  Select the user icon i the top right of the server, then subtitles.

midwaybrit

Thanks Luke. It all looked a bit complicated. Maybe because it's late here. !

I am happy you're so are active in the Forums which is a huge part of why I am going to switch to you , despite my lifetime membership with the P guys. It's worthless pasting in their forums these days as rarely do any of their staff ever reply.

You guys seem so much better and once I get used to the way it all works , I'll be fine.

I'll review that Roku subtitle issue again tomorrow. But they're playing fine on my Fire TV, so it seems exclusive to Roku.

Thanks again ,

Andy

ifignella

Welcome, i think you'll find devs are really active here and will help you any way they can, along with many others.

I just wanted to remind you of the subtitle settings within the Roku itself. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Hi.  Did you figure this out?

There is also a subtitle button on the OSD on the Roku just like the Fire TV so you can always use that to choose the subs as well.