Chromecast

Akilian

Akilian

Always after 2:20 minute mark. The audio skips ahead by at least 30 seconds. I think it's something with the transcoding. But I cannot figure it out. Something in the log says wasteful, not sure what that means to transcoding. 

craigmac99

Hi Luke,

Is it possible whatever you pushed out has impacted trans coding to chromecast? everything worked fine last night and as of today i can no longer play trans-coding videos to any of my chromecasts. i have not made any change, they just stopped working. have been pulling my hair out all day, trying to figure out what happend. the videos transcode fine to web player and android player.. just chromecast stooped working out of the blue. 

Thanks,

Craig.

Hi Luke,

Is it possible whatever you pushed out has impacted trans coding to chromecast? everything worked fine last night and as of today i can no longer play trans-coding videos to any of my chromecasts. i have not made any change, they just stopped working. have been pulling my hair out all day, trying to figure out what happend. the videos transcode fine to web player and android player.. just chromecast stooped working out of the blue. 

Thanks,

Craig.

Can we look at an example? Can you please attach the emby server and ffmpeg logs? you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks !

craigmac99

Thanks for the quick reply!

Here are the logs. it appears from CPU usage and top output that the system is transcoding the video. however on the chromecast it only loads the (total time) for the video and then simply does nothing (just sits at splash page and stays at zero seconds / out of total time on my tablet remote control display.

when i play the same video on the web player i can again see the CPU usage climb, and the video plays normally.

i did a full rebuild of the server today in an attempt to fix the issue but unfortunately it did not.

There are 3 ffmpeg logs based on timestamps they should be.

failure to CC:

ffmpeg-transcode-6fea771d-d90c-493d-bf2e-0597197e8522.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-18a2c5e3-cd8c-48b8-9c28-f8c65125b98e.txt

working in webplayer

ffmpeg-transcode-71c0e060-f1dd-4703-b6c2-da1a0009fd37.txt

all times i can confirm i can see ffmpeg process running and CPU usage is high.

Edited by craigmac99