Emby Server keeps my PC (Server) awake

heula

what version of emby server?

Version 3.2.40.7 beta

Edited by heula

Do you have debug logging enabled?

No, I turned that off on advise from @@Luke to see if that was causing the problem. I will turn it on and upload a new log file.

Not positive that will matter or not for you.

The latest versions of the server are now letting my machine sleep even with debug logging enabled.  However, I have DLNA disabled.  It could be DLNA devices communicating with the server keeping it going I guess.

Not positive that will matter or not for you.

The latest versions of the server are now letting my machine sleep even with debug logging enabled.  However, I have DLNA disabled.  It could be DLNA devices communicating with the server keeping it going I guess.

DLNA is also turned off for me. Not helping.

Deleted all plugins but also that didn't help.

Server is now busy but when idle I will post a new log.

Was there anything in my log that might causing this sleep issue?

Before I started this topic I never has this issue with Emby.

Thanks.

I'm not yet sure but there is some recent development to reduce dlna network traffic so we'll see if that helps.

Interestingly, we also have this open topic:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53214-server-sleeping-with-active-session

I realize you're not going to want to hear this, but as of now I believe your issue is related to either your environment or your usage pattern.

I'm not yet sure but there is some recent development to reduce dlna network traffic so we'll see if that helps.

Interestingly, we also have this open topic:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53214-server-sleeping-with-active-session

I realize you're not going to want to hear this, but as of now I believe your issue is related to either your environment or your usage pattern.

Guess problems always somehow is related to the environment...

I still back heula 100% in his experience. I started seeing the problem at the same this topic was opened. And never saw it before.

Other users having the opposite problem says to me no much else than Emby has a general problem with power control on Windows.

Sent from my Galaxy with Tapatalk

Right but as you can see other users are able to get it to sleep.

Yes, agreed. And yes, you're right in that it most likely has something to do with the environment.

But isn't it so for many of the problems in this forum? Some see a problem and others don't.

And Emby should be able to handle different environment as long as they aren't "extreme".

We are a number of people in this topic having similar experiences where Emby is the main (only) suspect.

And have started to see it at the same time.

It also can be due to a change in Windows, but then Emby should adhere to that. And I think we're running different versions, so it is a bit unlikely.

I don't know if it was because of the last Emby update, the big Windows update last week but my pc goes to sleep mode again with Emby Server open and Emby for android installed.

So it seems to be solved now but I almost don't dare to say it out loud.

Let's hope it stays this way.  :)

Maybe the big windows update you mention ?

Hope not - guess you're talking win10 update. Still running win7 on my media center.

But suppose I should try to update Emby....

Think I'll make sure I have a good backup.

I don't know if it was because of the last Emby update, the big Windows update last week but my pc goes to sleep mode again with Emby Server open and Emby for android installed.

Forgot to ask; which update of Emby?

I know run version 3.2.50.5 beta

Thanks. Have updated to this. Hope I see the same as you ;-) 

Noticed "Restore windows sleep prevention" in the release notes. A bit funny if that has helped on our issue too.

Seems like my PC now goes to sleep as expected - great :-)
But, I still have the problem when using Android. The difference for me is that
a powercfg -requests shows this process:
[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\EmbyServer.exe
both when using Emby on PC or on Android.
But it goes away when Emby is not in use on the PC while it stays as a power request when having used it from Android.

• 7 months later...
daveyravey1972

I have noticed recently that emby is keeping my server awake. Any issues with the latest builds as this never used to happen?

a powercfg request showed emby.exe was keeping Server awake