Genre and Studio Cleaners Stopped Working

rickster53
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

rickster53

Since server release Version 3.0.5168.16132, Genre Cleaner Version 1.0.1.1 and Studio Cleaner Version 1.0.0.1 both of these cleaners stopped working. Both plugins still have my settings as they were prior to the latest release, but they are not being reflected in what is displayed in the web client. Ex. I have a Studio "Weinstein Company, The" mapped to "The Weinstein Company", but there are separate studio icons displayed for each of them. Similarly, I have a movie genre "Action and Adventure" mapped to "Action", but still see a separate "Action and Adventure" genre in the web client. Not sure if this is a plugin issue or if the server is not picking up and using Cleaner settings. I assume I have the latest plugin updates because manually running "Check for plugin updates" does indicate a newer version is available. Let me know if you require additional info. Thanks.

Koleckai Silvestri

Due to changes on the server and how metadata is updated/created, you most likely need to update these plugins. Though I think Genre Cleaner has been updated already.

rickster53

As I mentioned in my post, I have manually run the scheduled task "Check for Plugin updates" and no updates are being reported. So either I have the latest versions, or their not downloading for some reason or something else is going on... I was under the impression that new plugins were part of the last release and I recall getting a bunch of them after the server update.

Edited by rickster53

it could be the case if you updated the server, let the scan finish, then restarted the server and applied the plugin updates. if you refresh some of those titles from the edit pages, that might resolve them. i would think new titles would be fine as well. we're big enough now that we can never again have a server update with a shake-up like this. your patience this one time is appreciated :)

rickster53

it could be the case if you updated the server, let the scan finish, then restarted the server and applied the plugin updates. if you refresh some of those titles from the edit pages, that might resolve them. i would think new titles would be fine as well. we're big enough now that we can never again have a server update with a shake-up like this. your patience this one time is appreciated :)

It's quite possible that what you suggested is the sequence of events, but I'm not positive. Your suggestion worked for the "Action and Adventure" Movie genre error, but the Studio icon did not work. Since I have remapped quite a few items with both cleaners, I am not against rebuilding my library again if that's the most straightforward way to correct this. Just let me know.

Edited by rickster53

yea probably. except now you also have to delete the refreshinfo db file. It's not exactly a process we encourage or document, so that's why refreshing top-level folders using the edit page is more recommended.

• Solution

Studio Cleaner does not appear to have been updated yet so that will not correct.  All your Genres should get re-processed though.

• Like 1