Video Tutorials

snazy2000

snazy2000

I have been thinking for a while that it would be nice to have a video series explaining to people how to install and use all the different features of MBS. 

I'm still toying with the idea because MBS is changing everyday and adding more features and changing the way things work, which would mean changing the videos all the time to keep them up to date. 

Any feedback?

• Like 1

Good day,

Nice idea, reading, then if you like watching a steps good idea.

I am oldie, so always goes with reading, what the eyes read, always stay in that dusty mind of mine :)

Again, it good idea, go for it buddy.

My best

• Like 1

Regarding features that update or change, best to start with the main features that normally do not change much, like task as example.

Koleckai Silvestri

A lot of people like video tutorials. For my own purposes, I think they are difficult and hard to follow. I would prefer written tutorials with video complimenting them.

• Like 1

trusselo

actually a lot of the young kids these days 'learn' by watching youtube vids. and have horrible reading comprehension.

its also good for people that dont speak english, they can follow the mouse.

as sad as it is, this is a good idea. worth MediaBrowser having its own youtube channel.  create a channel and give this dude access.

Edited by trusselo

sfnetwork

Very nice!

I think it would help MB3 standing out and growing having tutorial videos like this.

I imagine if we would have nice and simple videos like this for each part/feature that would make an excellent solution for first timers. If they first see this video, it will confirm that it's THAT simple to setup.

The worst solutions IMO are the one that "expects" users to know what they are doing right away...

It also helps existing MB users because it might show some corners of the solution that they might never knew existed...

I also think that a dedicated YouTube channel could be a good idea, makes it official.

Koleckai Silvestri

For people who like the video tutorials, you want to keep them to one thing and under 5 minutes. The one above is good. The script can be tightened up a bit though so you can avoid repetitive words and colloquialisms. All in all it is a good start though.

Would be interesting if they could be displayed on site using a mock up of Media Browser Theater. Different views for Server, Theater, Plugins, Classic...

• Like 1

snazy2000

Yeah I think I need to write a script I kind of just went with it and broke up each recording every step once was happy with it. Thanks for the support :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Airbender

Hi just to add i think MB3 need more video like this one for example

FYI: this is not my video i just found it but basically you get the point

Good day,

Please if doing a video tut or any kind to adv MB3 project, let me know, I need to add them to the tut's when I am done.

As well if we have some collections (thanks in advanced for whom doing/will do it) to put a section for them for easy to be found by our members.

Many thanks and well done.

My best

Airbender

Good day,

Please if doing a video tut or any kind to adv MB3 project, let me know, I need to add them to the tut's when I am done.

As well if we have some collections (thanks in advanced for whom doing/will do it) to put a section for them for easy to be found by our members.

Many thanks and well done.

My best

hello abo

Here is a video i made

Thanks

• Like 1