Security Cam Live with Foscam 9900 setup?

Crestj

Crestj

Just been playing with the Security Cam Live plugin to see if I can get my Foscam 9900 camera working through Emby (which would be very helpful!)

Normally use the Synology Surveillance Software which works great but Emby adds extra options.

I have successfully played the stream using VLC so I know the URL works but when I add this to Emby the circle just spins.

The URL contains the username and password and the password contains an @.

rtsp://username:password-with-@-sign@IPADDR:Port/videoMain

Could this be causing the plugin issues? Would be a massive pain to change it as it used all over the place for my Security setup.

Anyone else have this issue? Like I say, it works in VLC with these @ signs so I assume it's the plugin not interpreting them correctly but cannot verify.

Edited by Crestj

Same here when trying to use a cheap DCS-930L. Works in VLAN not in Emby. Probably the user/password initiates a confirmation prompt.

chef

@@PrincessClevage

Can you chime in here? You got your FOSCAM cameras working with the plugin right?

Perhaps an example of the specific rstp URL you used.

What the '@' symbol was changed to the character code for '@'?

Edited by chef

gjviii

This worked for my foscams

rtsp://*****:$$$$$@192.168.1.185:1032/videoMain

***** = my account name

$$$$$ = my password

• Like 1

Crestj

Yes I think it's the @ in the password that's causing this to fail in emby as that's the same url format I'm using.

gjviii

Yes I think it's the @ in the password that's causing this to fail in emby as that's the same url format I'm using.

i believe thats the issue.  i changed my password to have an @ in it and it no longer connects.  removed the @ in the password and good to go.   

chef

unfortunatley there isn't much I can do from a development side of things to fix that.

It's emby that is creating the stream, I'm just pointing the plugin in the right direction.

Hope that isn't a deal breaker.

Edited by chef

Crestj

i believe thats the issue. i changed my password to have an @ in it and it no longer connects. removed the @ in the password and good to go.

Yeah that fixed mine in the end.