Guide Goes Funny with 2 Servers

Spaceboy
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Spaceboy

I connect my Shield app to three different servers i have at home, the same m3u is set up on two of them and if i switch servers then tv channels do not play consistently.

steps to reproduce:

open shield tv

play channel More 4

stop playing More 4

switch server to beta server

try and play More 4

nothing plays, the error message says "unable to tune to the channel at this time. there may not be a tuner available"

its like its still has some data in its cache from the guide on the first server. even, when i open the guide on the second server its at the position of the last channel played on the first server. even though one is sorted by channel no and the other by last used.

i think i have seen this intermittently for a while but now i dont seem to be able to fix it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Spaceboy

Okay, thanks.

I believe this should be corrected now.

Hi, i'm not sure it is working properly. i'm still getting the error message when i try to tune to certain channels that work in the web client

Then it probably has nothing to do with any cached data.  I guess we'd have to start by looking at an app log when the problem occurs.

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

Then it probably has nothing to do with any cached data.  I guess we'd have to start by looking at an app log when the problem occurs.

Report sent. user mark. i tried to play E4HD. plays fine in the web client

Report sent. user mark. i tried to play E4HD. plays fine in the web client

Thanks.  Can I now see the server log that corresponds with that playback?  The server threw an error:

BasicNetwork.performRequest: Unexpected response code 500 for http://192.168.1.147:8096/emby/Items/228c4f8c34768292bd94b55a9493a526/PlaybackInfo

Spaceboy

pm'd

Thanks.  Can I now see the server log that corresponds with that playback?  The server threw an error:

BasicNetwork.performRequest: Unexpected response code 500 for http://192.168.1.147:8096/emby/Items/228c4f8c34768292bd94b55a9493a526/PlaybackInfo

So this is an IPTV stream...?

The server is blowing chow on something related to subtitles.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.SetDeviceSpecificSubtitleInfo(StreamInfo info, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, String accessToken)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.SetDeviceSpecificData(BaseItem item, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, DeviceProfile profile, AuthorizationInfo auth, Nullable`1 maxBitrate, Int64 startTimeTicks, String mediaSourceId, Nullable`1 audioStreamIndex, Nullable`1 subtitleStreamIndex, Nullable`1 maxAudioChannels, String playSessionId, String userId, Boolean enableDirectPlay, Boolean forceDirectPlayRemoteMediaSource, Boolean enableDirectStream, Boolean enableTranscoding, Boolean allowVideoStreamCopy, Boolean allowAudioStreamCopy)

Spaceboy

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.SetDeviceSpecificSubtitleInfo(StreamInfo info, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, String accessToken)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.SetDeviceSpecificData(BaseItem item, MediaSourceInfo mediaSource, DeviceProfile profile, AuthorizationInfo auth, Nullable`1 maxBitrate, Int64 startTimeTicks, String mediaSourceId, Nullable`1 audioStreamIndex, Nullable`1 subtitleStreamIndex, Nullable`1 maxAudioChannels, String playSessionId, String userId, Boolean enableDirectPlay, Boolean forceDirectPlayRemoteMediaSource, Boolean enableDirectStream, Boolean enableTranscoding, Boolean allowVideoStreamCopy, Boolean allowAudioStreamCopy)

subtitles again eh?  ;)

yes this is iptv so there are definitely no subtitles in the stream so no idea why you are seeing that? i know this is a completely separate tv service from when we were seeing this with dvblink but is it possible the subtitles thing is a false positive?

pünktchen

I see the same error with Emby stable, but it's working with the beta server. That's why i didn't reported it...
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

any further input here please?

Spaceboy

done

@@CBers, do you have any problems playing back channel 4 HD or E4 HD from iptv? i can't get them to play from either provider. i can play recorded tv from those channels but not live

CBers

done

@@CBers, do you have any problems playing back channel 4 HD or E4 HD from iptv? i can't get them to play from either provider. i can play recorded tv from those channels but not live

Yes, both working here @@Spaceboy.

Spaceboy

@@Luke So @@ebr ‘s testing isn’t likely to show anything! But he’s already found the error from the logs I sent 10 days ago. As noted above

• Like 1

@@Spaceboy no we haven't, all we've found is a log entry. Please send him sample information so that he can test it and find out why. Thanks.

He did and it works fine for me just like CBers.  He has now invited me to his server to see if I can get it to fail that way.