Roku exit button (the top left arrow on the remote) - not saving where up to

vaise

vaise

Just noticed this - not sure if normal or not.  Accidentally pressed that arrow, instead of the left arrow to go back a bit in a playback, and it exits, but also does not save where you are - meaning a restart from the beginning of the show.  Guess my thumb is getting too big - as I managed to do it twice in the same show.

Is that normal ?

That's how you stop any playing video.

How far into it were you?  Resume points are saved but they are subject to the rules defined on the server so, if you weren't very far into the item (or, possibly, if very near the end) then there may not be one saved.

Depending on your flavor of roku. There should be an instant replay button available. Using this has an added benefit of enabling captions when replaying (if closed captioning in roku settings is set to "on replay"). Every press of this button moves back 30 seconds.784740179e6eca8652f1aec017f40aa5.jpg

vaise

Hi - does that work on the emby app also - or just yours speachless?

And this is now working fine - maybe an issue with the media files I was suing at the time ?

Thanks.

Edited by vaise

Hi - does that work on the emby app also - or just yours speachless?

And this is now working fine - maybe an issue with the media files I was suing at the time ?

Thanks.

That is a feature of the Roku player so will work in  both apps.

If the items in question had an unknown duration, then there would have been no way for us to save a resume point for them.

vaise

Just messed with it.  Cant believe I have had them for years and never pressed that..... doh.