WoW 4 port Mini-SAS (16 SATA drive) server motherboard

SHSPVR

SHSPVR

Gigabyte MA10-ST0 server board

Intel Atom C3958 SoC, 2.0Ghz, 16 cores, 16MB L2 cache, 31W TDP (BGA 1310)

Intel QuickAssist Technology (QAT)

32GB eMMC flash memory

Dual Channel RDIMM/ECC UDIMM DDR4, 4 x DIMM slots, up to 128GB, up to 2400MHz

2 x 10Gb/s SFP+ and 2 x 1Gb/s LAN ports

1 x Dedicated management port

4 x Mini-SAS (16 x SATA 6Gb/s ports)

1 x PCIe Gen3 x8 slot

Aspeed AST2400 remote management controller

It very interesting board but it dose seem to have some downside

1: Share 2 port SAS with PCIe 8x so it will only useful as a files server.
2: Being that PCIe is share slot which is for add-on device which would been a wonderful to toss a PCIe 4port expansion chassis with some Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD tuners.
3: 32gb flash is good enough for linux server you may as well forget windows server even if your successful installation it you have little to room.
4: 10GBE SFP that's going to cost you, The average or proconsumer will not need this kind of setup there better off with just Link Aggregation / Port Teaming.

5: No pricing on the board Boohoo. 

post-4629-0-35220100-1502999291_thumb.png

PenkethBoy

I think if you wait a short while there will be lots of m/b like this as Intel released a whole new family of Atom processors of various flavours 

https://ark.intel.com/products/codename/63508/Denverton

If you go to the supermicro website they have a few new boards using these new atoms

Could produce some interesting NAS boards/small servers - doubt they can do much transcoding but direct playing several streams at once more than possible

Tur0k

Man, that is a pretty sweet SOC (system on a chip) based board. 128GB maximum RAM!.!.!.

If it runs Linux I wonder if it could load an ESXi host onto it. One of my long term plans is to move all my servers, NAS, and firewall to a single vm host. This would reduce my server foot print drastically.

SOCs by their nature shove many different systems under the chip's cooler. I wonder if it is even possible to get hardware accelerated transcoding on an SOC.

Additionally, this SOC supports AES-NI so I could even run hardware supported encryption when PFSENSE (my firewall) 2.4 releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHSPVR

No iGPU on the SOC, that is too bad as I doubt the CPU can handle much for transcoding.

That maybe true but ain't the iGPU limited to one steam at time any way ?.