Emby Server Is Unreachable

Scott310
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Scott310

Hi there,

I have been patiently waiting for this.  Great Work!  However when I set it up correctly it still says that my Emby server is unreachable.  I kno this is not true because i have multiple remote users who access the server all of the time.  I enabled the skill, signed in with emby connect,  and clicked on my server name.  Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Angelblue05

I'll check the logs. Are you using beta? Or from the app store? Which language, US or UK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Solution
Angelblue05

Yeah, that's not what I see in the log. I see 173 so it must be an old cached address. I have asked Luke to display the server address in the account linking process, to avoid this issue in the future.

Here is what you'll have to do. You'll need to relink Emby connect to your Emby user account on your server. Then, you'll need to disable/enable the Emby with Alexa skill, and re-link to Emby connect.

That should do it. It should update your address to the 73 one.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

In your server dashboard > users > select your emby user with the Emby connect (cloud icon). Then, at the top, you'll see Enter the email address associated with.... remove the email, Hit save. Then re-enter the email, hit save, you'll get a new confirmation email.

Edited by Angelblue05

Scott310

Thanks that resolved my issue!  One quick question though, does it not recognize Ember for emby as a player?

• Like 1

Scott310

It did in fact discover ember for emby.  It just didn't list it at first but then it did no problem.

Thanks!