Gamebrowser Coverart

rs6516

Since the latest update art treatments for gamebrowser have stopped working. All images have been reverted back to the standard images downloaded from gamesdb.net. I event tried creating a new profile for my games directory within the coverart plugin, but it's still being ignored. Is this a known issue with the latest update?

server version:3.2.27.0

coverart version: 4.0.43.0

gamebrowser version: 3.0.6436.15100

I've had issue with this. When a gamebrowser gets an update. You'd have to delete the library folder then re add it. Everything went back to normal.

As for my example, when there is an update, it auto updates. Which my cover art is screwed up and when you click on the game to view the description and the play button, there's nothing there. Just a black screen. I tried to roll back the update and still same thing.

So I just went into the library on the server where you add your media, open setting in games, delete the folder(s) and then re add the folder. Rescan. It will work with the latest update.

Here is an image of one of my systems after the update, every single one of them look just like this one. before the update this was 100% identified and coverart was applied. After the update you can see what it looks like, it's just a mess... I did try and remove the library entry on gamebrowser and readded it as cash suggested, but it did not resolve the issue for me. coverart is still not being applied to anything in the games folder.

5993c08dd364b_nesupdate.png

Can you please refresh one of those items then post the log and tell me which one you refreshed?  Thanks.

I had to identify it first. all metadata is gone. I just picked the first one. I identified 1943 - the battle for midway. and refreshed it. all images have been downloaded from gamesdb, but still missing art treatments.

server-63638431770.txt

I forgot to mention that all my images that are downloaded or I fixed are stored in each game folder so it won't lose the correct one. You have to check that in the library 'save artwork and metadata into media folders'. And uncheck download artwork and metadata from internet.

I didn't see CoverArt being called at all for that item.  It might be because you don't download your images so the system doesn't know it needs to be processed because nothing has changed.

Can you test one out where you change the image in some way?

Also, before you do that, please put your server logging in debug mode.

Thanks.

ok, I've enabled debug mode. same game - deleted the current primary image. added a new one that I downloaded to c:\metadata (this is the directory I've specified in emby) uploaded the new image as primary... no change. everything works as I would expect except the coverart treatment. I've also tried selecting the specific game folder in the coverart plugin and I've also tried just removing all coverart profiles and just using the default... no change.

server-63638472153.txt

I never see that item get refreshed in that log.  Also no debug statements either.  You may have to re-start the server after changing the log setting.

I see you bringing up the CA config pages.  Does the treatment you are choosing show properly in the config?

OK, I've restarted it. I have 2 log files that were created. I've changed things so many times to get this working again, but right now the only coverart profile I have is the default profile.5994eaaad7a53_treat.png

1.txt

2.txt

Thanks.

Luke - this is all we're getting out of the attempt to treat those images:

2017-08-16 16:31:28.6622 Debug App: Saving \\server\media\Games\Sony Playstation\RayStorm (USA)\RayStorm (USA).zip to database.
2017-08-16 16:31:28.7714 Debug CoverArt: CoverArt will treat C:\Metadata\metadata\library\37\37cf5fc68649ad599670f6dc1d3b7edd\poster.jpg
2017-08-16 16:31:28.7714 Error ImageProcessor: Error enhancing image

CA spits out a bunch of debug messages throughout the process and also has a profiler on it. None of those messages are there and no stack trace or anything.  This indicates that something is breaking down before CA even really gets involved.

RS6516 what is the format of these images?  The preview works in the config so I'm wondering if it is related to the images being treated.

update: Server just installed new updates - Issue still not resolved.

server version:3.2.28.0

coverart version: 4.0.44.0

gamebrowser version: 3.0.6431.400.73

Server update 3.2.29.0 seems to be an issue with gamebrowser. The images shows up but when clicking on the game, metadata is not there or anything, just black out.

rs6516, are you having this issue with the new server update?

Make sure all of your plugins are updated.

Okay, I was able to load up system.old folder with 3.2.28.0 and did a library rescan. Everything came back to normal now. Must be something in the new update causing it.

Okay, I went back to the latest server version and all of a sudden I got gamebrowser 3.0.6447.37326 update. After that, it started working. Not sure if this was a delay update...

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any update on this?

I'm having the same problem. I'm on the latest version of Emby server (3.2.30.0), GameBrowser (3.0.6447.37326) and CovertArt (4.0.45.0) and CoverArt has suddenly started ignoring all my games. Movies and TV shows are working normally.