Can't login to password enabled user profiles from remote clients after server update

pd veeps

pd veeps

I just updated my server to the latest beta and having login issues from any clients not on the same machine as the server. My server is my main htpc. Mbc has no issues logging in. I also tried a web browser on the server/htpc and I can login fine with passwords.

I can't login to any users which have a password set from a remote pc, roku, or iphone. I keep getting an invalid password error after the password is inputed.

I can login fine to any user which I have not set a password for.

I tried resetting the passwords but still have the same issue. I just disabled the passwords on my non-admin user profiles for now so I can log into those profiles.

Anyone else having this issue today?

mboehler

I just updated my server to the latest beta and having login issues from any clients not on the same machine as the server. My server is my main htpc. Mbc has no issues logging in. I also tried a web browser on the server/htpc and I can login fine with passwords.

I can't login to any users which have a password set from a remote pc, roku, or iphone. I keep getting an invalid password error after the password is inputed.

I can login fine to any user which I have not set a password for.

I tried resetting the passwords but still have the same issue. I just disabled the passwords on my non-admin user profiles for now so I can log into those profiles.

Anyone else having this issue today?

See here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-38-important-update-to-mbc-129/

• Like 1

pd veeps

So I enabled require manual username entry for mobile clients and that solved it for mobile clients but didn't solved it for iphone app or the roku.

Edited by pd veeps

mboehler

I already had

MB-Classic

3.0.129.0 2-12 installed before the server update. I have No issues logging in with mbc.

I guess I had read the OP better, I would have realized that. Sorry about that!

I think it will take someone smarter than me to figure this one out. LOL

Think I'm having the same issue here.

Update seemed to go fine, MBC works fine.

The problems I have are with the Rokus.

It will not accept the password for protected users

After the first reboot of the Roku after the update, there is no content at all.

Only displays the Options menu with Switch User and Preferences.

I am running Roku version 1.16.7

I just noticed this post is in general discussion, hope the Roku dude finds it. :ph34r:

Hmm, Don't think the missing content was Roku's problem. I rebooted my server hardware, and when I got back into MBC it also had no content.

I went to my libraries, and they were empty (it took me a bit to believe this, since I didn't realize the all the libraries are now set up seperately instead of by user.)

So, Now, It looks like I need to recreate all the libraries in the Media Library Tab. Luckily, it still seems to know which movies are watched.

Koleckai Silvestri

This is weird... I recently added a password to the Roku profile everyone uses and it is still working. Never even asked for the new password.

garyw383

This is weird... I recently added a password to the Roku profile everyone uses and it is still working. Never even asked for the new password.

Mine worked after update as well until I logged out of a profile and tried to log in to another. Now I can't log in to any profile.

The only way I could access my library again was to create a new user and not add a password to it and I got in fine.

I then added a password to the new profile and again was denied access.

BTW I am using a Roku

Hope there is an update for the password function soon  :D

Edited by garyw383

garyw383

Mine worked after update as well until I logged out of a profile and tried to log in to another. Now I can't log in to any profile.

The only way I could access my library again was to create a new user and not add a password to it and I got in fine.

I then added a password to the new profile and again was denied access.

BTW I am using a Roku

Hope there is an update for the password function soon  :D

Update:  Adding a new profile without a password worked on the Roku, however when I tried to access the same profile on Xbox 360 via MB Classic  it did not ask for password but it did say "incorrect password" when trying to access unprotected profile and access was denied.

Hope this information helps!!

Update:  Adding a new profile without a password worked on the Roku, however when I tried to access the same profile on Xbox 360 via MB Classic  it did not ask for password but it did say "incorrect password" when trying to access unprotected profile and access was denied.

Hope this information helps!!

What version of MBC?

garyw383

I upgraded MB Classic to latest version and now everything works great on the xbox 360. There is no longer a password issue  :)

However I still have the same issue on the ROKU

Koleckai Silvestri

The Roku client will need to be updated. Unfortunately we have to wait until the developers of that client make the update. I guess it wasn't caught in testing because the Roku doesn't seem to re-authenticate every time you launch the channel.

Edited by Wayne Luke