Problem viewing Live TV channels

James Roberts
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

James Roberts

I am attempting to view Live TV channels on my roku voice via the Alexa Skill.  It is possible for me view them via the standard method of selecting the required channel using the roku remote.  However when I attempt to select, say "wwj hd" via the skill I run into the following problems:  1) What is the correct syntax for this,  I have tried a variety of variations, only once did I receive an acknowledgement that I was close to the correct commands, when I was asked Did I want to play TV Channel WWJ HD.  I was asked this twice, answered yes both times, but then was informed that the operation had timed out.  When I view the recent activity list I find that the server appears to have recognised some variations of my command, however, not sure which one. When it does recognise the command, there is an immediate following message that the processes has stopped.  Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

• Solution
Angelblue05

Live TV is not supported as of yet, because there is no server api to find channels by name or numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

James Roberts

Would appreciate it.  I am attempting to develop an easy to use system for my visually impaired wife.  This would be a lot easier to maneuver then my existing Harmony Skill (move up, down, right, left .....  :blink:

• Like 1