TV Shows Not Recording

mlapoint

mlapoint

I have Emby Premiere and it was sort of working to record TV Shows...

But, it was only recording them on my Ubuntu 16.04.2 file system.  I have a My Cloud 4TB set up and now want Emby to record to that.  I am having issues with Emby recording to the My Cloud.  In addition, since I changed it from the Ubuntu machine, it will no longer even record there.

I believe the issue has to do with permissions of the file systems.

I have the My Cloud mounted to Ubuntu via NFS.  It is connected to Ubuntu properly (I believe) for me to read and write to it.  However, I do have some TV shows that I have recorded with Emby to the Ubuntu file system and they are "emby:emby" for user and group.  When I go to My Cloud, the group and user for the file folders are "mlapoint:root".

I believe the issue that it won't record new episodes are because it is trying to make the new episodes as "emby:emby", but that user does not have the proper permissions to do anything on the NAS.  Should I be connecting the NAS to Ubuntu via NTFS?  I am not because I read that NFS is a more reliable connection than NTFS.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Mike LaPointe

mlapoint
  1. Ok, I started a recording.  It is Anger Management.  I named this 1 - Show Recording.jpg
  2. I have both directories set up for TV Recording.  2 - Show Recording Directories.jpg
  3. I am showing the two TV Directories in Ubuntu and their permissions.  3 - Ubu Library Directories.jpg
  4. I am showing the contents of the two TV Directories in Ubuntu.  There is no Anger Management show in either. 4 - Ubu Show Library Content

I hope this is what you are looking for.  If you want me to, I can show you the directory structure of the Ubuntu drives through the command line as well.

Thank You,

Mike

post-190951-0-64210900-1502707422_thumb.jpg

post-190951-0-51077600-1502707439_thumb.jpg

post-190951-0-68566100-1502709181_thumb.jpg

post-190951-0-43572700-1502709194_thumb.jpg

mastrmind11

1. Ok, I started a recording.  It is Anger Management.  I named this 1 - Show Recording.jpg
  2. I have both directories set up for TV Recording.  2 - Show Recording Directories.jpg
  3. I am showing the two TV Directories in Ubuntu and their permissions.  3 - Ubu Library Directories.jpg
  4. I am showing the contents of the two TV Directories in Ubuntu.  There is no Anger Management show in either. 4 - Ubu Show Library Content

I hope this is what you are looking for.  If you want me to, I can show you the directory structure of the Ubuntu drives through the command line as well.

Thank You,

Mike

Post your log from when you tried to record, but it looks like a permission issue.  Change your NAS drive's group/user to you or emby.  I can't think of any reason for a home user to ever have a mounted drive as root.

mlapoint

Ok, I have attached the most recent log. It is named 5 - Emby Log.pdf.  I will try to get the permissions changed to emby:emby.  If that doesn't work, I will try to change them to my user name and group.

Thank You,

Mike

5 - Emby Log.pdf

mlapoint

Sorry, I had to take my Step-son to college yesterday so I was away.

My latest attempt still failed.  I have attached the new log file, a picture showing the show was supposed to record, as well as Ubuntu windows showing both the before and after shots of the directories (which happen to be the same).  

This time I tried recording "Cops: Reloaded".

Thank You,

Mike

Emby Log After.txt

post-190951-0-61433800-1502894562_thumb.jpg

post-190951-0-73832000-1502894576_thumb.jpg

post-190951-0-44512800-1502894585_thumb.jpg

Emby Server does not have write access to the recording folder. Fix that and you'll get your recordings.

2017-08-16 07:30:00.3740 Error App: Error recording to /media/SharedVideos/TV/Recordings/Cops  Reloaded/Cops  Reloaded 2017-08-16.mkv
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.27.0
	Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby-server -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh
	Operating system: Unix 4.10.0.32
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Mono: 4.8.1 (Stable 4.8.1.0/22a39d7 Tue May  2 22:26:20 UTC 2017)
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/media/SharedVideos/TV/Recordings/Cops  Reloaded" is denied.

mlapoint

OK! I finally got this figured out! I am not sure which of these is the actual fix, but I did them all and it records and plays from the My Cloud NAS.

For anyone's information, these are the steps I took:

1) I renamed the user the emby server uses to "mlapoint".

A) this was done on the Ubuntu box in the setup files

2) I changed the owner of the mounted directories to "mlapoint" on the Ubuntu box

A) chown -R mlapoint /media/mlapoint/*

3) I did the same on the NAS

A) chown -R mlapoint /mnt/HD_a2/*

After I did this, it worked perfectly. You can close this ticket now!

Mike LaPointe