A Few Things That Dont Display Very Well.

mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie

If i open ET and go into the 'All Movies' folder, the background is dark grey (see pic). If i click on a movie icon i get all the movie details and the background is loaded for that particular movie, when i go back to the main folder i am back to having a dark grey background.

I dont get this behaviour if i view another type of media i.e. TV shows, this brings up the background for that show and it remains there while i browse into other folders. If i enter the main movie folder i am once again seeing a dark grey background. Is this meant to behave this way or should i be seeing a background in my movie folder also?

post-1214-0-71568400-1502480925_thumb.jpg

Another issue im having is with a music concert folder, the folder is set to 'mixed content', most of the concert folders have one video file inside and these all display correctly and have the proper cover treatment.

I have a few folder that have a bunch of music videos inside, these folders dont get displayed in the same way as the folders with 1 video file, please see the pics below, once inside that folder you can see how the music videos are displayed, i would like them set out vertically for scrolling. Do you have any idea why these music video folders are displaying differently?

post-1214-0-14517400-1502483627_thumb.jpg

post-1214-0-17939600-1502483643_thumb.jpg

chef

I've just spent quite a bit of time with this code.

I think I'm able to answer you first question about backdrops in library views.

Initially the background would be empty, however I have seen backdrops carry over back into library views from selected items browsing backwards.

Probably because the JavaScript doesn't clear the backdropContainer from the details page.

Are you requesting that the default theme for the theater display backdrops for the selected media item in the library view?

It might be by design that that doesn't happen due to slower browsers.

Loading images and sizing them, then displaying them might cause some lag in library views due to the fact that the UI is already loading primary images for your library items.

Not that it couldn't happen, just that it would cost time loading each backdrop for each poster image if you were browsing quickly through the library.

PrincessClevage

Initially the background would be empty, however I have seen backdrops carry over back into library views from selected items browsing backwards.

Probably because the JavaScript doesn't clear the backdropContainer from the details page.

Are you requesting that the default theme for the theater display backdrops for the selected media item in the library view?

Loading images and sizing them, then displaying them might cause some lag in library views due to the fact that the UI is already loading primary images for your library items.

Not that it couldn't happen, just that it would cost time loading each backdrop for each poster image if you were browsing quickly through the library.

IMO the last media with a backdrop should remain until you enter new media folder that contains a backdrop, so you should always have background art from last folder entered with backdrops. Browsing catalogs should not change backdrop (I believe this used to be the case but did add a slight delay to browsing on decent infrastructure)

mystic.bertie

IMO the last media with a backdrop should remain until you enter new media folder that contains a backdrop, so you should always have background art from last folder entered with backdrops. Browsing catalogs should not change backdrop (I believe this used to be the case but did add a slight delay to browsing on decent infrastructure)

Thanks for the reply. What you are suggesting is how it behaves in every media folder except the movie folder, then i just get the grey screen.

Thanks for the reply. From things i have read in the past, the backdrop is not present until you enter a movie folder and then it should stay there until you enter another movie/ media folder. So for some reason when i go back to the main movie folder i get a dark grey background, i believe it should not behave this way. The backdrops load fine and quickly, i just lose it in my movie folder.

I dont use a browser im using ET program on win 7.