Questions about the Time Lord plugin

Sammy

Sammy

I installed time lord some time back but I'm not sure I like it. It will put new additions to my library behind older additions to my library if the Theatrical Release Date is older and then I have to hunt for new additions to my library rather than have them up front in the "Latest Movies" tab/section/area. How can I reverse this and are their settings I should make to control this such as not changing the date until after x number of days or something like that?

While I like the concept in general, I didn't realize it would do this to my library when adding new items.

TIA

Happy2Play

Just change the Scheduled Task Trigger to your needs.  (Click on the task in Scheduled Tasks)

@@Happy2Play since you are more familiar with this, do you think the current plugin description is sufficient?

TimeLord movies allows you to set the date added for Movies to the original premier date set in the metadata for items in your collection. This is useful when adding old movies to your collection, as it prevents theses 'New' Movies from dominating your recently added list. 

Be warned this changes all your date added dates to premier air-dates (Unless metadata for the Item is Locked), Episodes are unaffected 

Take control of time with Timelord. 

@@Sammy, based on the above, if i were installing TimeLord I think I would be aware that it was going to affect all movies in my library.

It will put new additions to my library behind older additions to my library if the Theatrical Release Date is older and then I have to hunt for new additions to my library rather than have them up front in the "Latest Movies" tab/section/area. 

That's actually what the plugin was designed to do. Did you read the description on the plugin installation page? If yes, then can you tell us what you were expecting? This feedback will help the developer update the description so that it is more clear.

Sammy

I did read it but I figured that was for the library as a whole but that the "Latest Movies" section would go by the file date or date of the folder containing the file. For now I'm going to disable the plugin but is it possible to have "Latest Movies" merely read the date of the file rather than the date in the metadata? Otherwise, what's the point of "Latest Movies" Time Lord is going to bury something added yesterday because it was released 5 years ago?

Sammy

As an example, how do you explain this Premier Date? This movie came out decades ago and the special features came out on the disc I have that is at least five years old yet it says the Premier Date is just last February. Something is amiss and this isn't an isolated case.

598cda1a499ab_BluesBrosSpecialFeatures.j

Edited by Sammy

Happy2Play

Is there any externalid's?  If not then that explains it ans the release dated comes from a provider.

Sammy

I'll have to do a MediaInfo on the mkv when I get home to see what it says but the date added to my system is five or more years ago and for a title such as this I'd expect it to be the date added and not last February. Was there a re-release maybe that TMDB might be pulling the date from? The actual titles are not showing up in the Latest Movies Section at all BTW.