Missing UI settings for Web App.

skywalker993

skywalker993

I've been using MB3 as my media hub since I discovered this http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2773-confirmed-mb3-can-stream-to-xbox-one/

But it's super user-unfriendly for several reasons:

1. No way to remove show banner at the top of the page, so I have to scroll to select seasons and episodes.

2. Defaults to "Suggested" instead of "Shows" and I can find no way to change that.

3. When I play an episode, it opens in the bottom player instead of fullscreen. Do people really use that? How do I set it to open fullscreen? Using the Xbox controller to hit yet another button is annoying.

4. When an episode is finished, instead of stopping or playing the next episode it loops the same episode. Uh, okay, not sure why this is there, and I can't find any way to change it.

5. Delay for pop-up options when mousing over a show/season/episode is too short, making it difficult to simply select something. And again, no option to adjust this.

Does anyone have answers to these or know where options are hiding? Is the UI going to be updated or expanded? I've been through all the settings and filters I can find, but this is just too cumbersome to be a real media-on-the-TV solution.

#3 is going to be addressed because I will be revamping the web player soon. #4 is just a bug that needs to be fixed. #1, 2 and 5 are a concern because you're using the app for a purpose that it wasn't really intended for. Don't get me wrong I think it's cool that people have found a way to use it on xbox one.

(and I've been asking forever for a video of that but still haven't gotten it)

But having said all of that, using it from 10ft is not really what it was designed for. I am open to making changes as long as they benefit our target users - mobile, tablet, desktop. And I am certainly open to making the app friendly for a 10ft interface if there is enough demand for it. But with the way it's built today that's not really the intended purpose so it's a little hard for me to make that a priority.

Latchmor

You are missing this,

No.6 Everything else that's been done is amazing and continues to get better. Thanks!

<_<

• Like 1